Saturday, December 5, 2009

First snow fall of the season


I just love it when it snows. I like to sit home in the sun room and watch the flakes fall. It's even better when I can see the pine trees with snow laying on their branches. Something very calming about watching the snow.
Unfortunately for me, I didn't get to sit home and watch the snow fall today. I was out shopping in the snow. When I realized it was supposed to snow today I almost told hubby we would do the shopping tomorrow, but didn't. I kind of expected the snow to start later than it did.
We finished the Christmas shopping today. I have 2 more things to get hubby and one more stocking stuffer to get the boys and then I'm done to. We bought for the relatives today to. Hubby says we are done with them, I sure hope so. Found some really great buys on stuff for hubby to take with him when he goes next month. Told him to grab the stuff now because it won't be there later.
It was cloudy when we went in wally world and it was snowing when we came out. We weren't in there very long either. They just didn't seem to have the variety they have had in the past. We were looking for mens and womans gift sets. I always give the bath and cologne sets, but this year not much to choose from. We did better at Big Lots. We also went to the furniture store looking for a new sofa. Saw a few I really liked, but were some were to big to fit the living room. We have a propane fireplace that takes up about two thirds of one wall. That same wall also has a window and the vent for the ac unit. Ours isn't vented from the ceiling. So wish it was. That leaves very little space for much furniture. The opposite wall has the doorway to the sun room. The third wall, since the living room opens into the kitchen, is the only wall with the most space. Hard when I really wanted a sectional for the living room. Saw one sofa that was a recliner sofa that I really liked. It was a chocolate brown color. Normally not a brown person but there was just something about this shade that I really liked. Also saw a leather sofa that I was originally thinking about getting for the sun room. The whole purpose was to change the sofa in the sun room, not the living room. I like my living room sofa and really don't want it in the sun room. Then hubby tells me he has a friend who has a sofa he wants to give away, so he doesn't want to make any definite decisions until he sees this sofa to. Well, I'm already sold on two, lol! N o matter what we decide, there's going to be some room rearranging in the future. I prefer to wait until after Christmas, that way it won't be so cluttered with the Christmas stuff. The youngest has spent most of this week decorating. That's all fine except when it comes time to take the stuff down and put it all away. He's never in the m ood to do that! He has the tree up, but only some decorations on it. The boxes of decorations are sitting in the hallway. Waiting....................... Waiting for someone to finish the tree. I'll have to tackle that if I want the boxes to go away.
We got about four inches of snow today. Winter has arrived! There is another snow storm coming in the middle of the week again. I was surprised to see the snow laying on the ground. I thought for sure the ground was still to warm. Guess I thought wrong!
Hubby went shopping with me today. I should have left him home. I spent more time backtracking, looking for him than I did shopping. Every time I turned around I lost him. He either got sidetracked or lost me. So many times I turn around and he's not there. I walk back and find him just standing in the walkway, just staring off at something. The eyes were open, the body was moving, but I think he left his brain in the bed. It just wasn't functioning very well today, lol! Started to make me crazy! Finally, I grabbed his arm and pushed the cart just move things along. At least it's done and I don't have to hit a store with him for a while now. I'm beginning to dislike shopping anyway. Don't need another excuse to not want to go, lol!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Our city is pretty much at a standstill. Schools closed and it was 2 above when I got up about 5:30. At least when I was young I enjoyed the snow but I think I am done enjoying snows. I will not shop with my Hubby. It drives me crazy. I did what little I have done over the internet. Take care and stay warm.

Amrita said...

Hi Brenda the snow is a pretty sight. I experienced it in the mountains. Stay warm as you get your stuff together

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.