
The weatherman was predicting flurries for the next few days. The state I was born and raised in, flurries meant just a few flakes, not enough to even see on the ground. Up here, flurries means a coating to possibly an inch or two. Well, when I got home we had probably about an inch and a half. A friend of mine said it started snowing at her house around 10 am. I know it wasn't snowing in my area at that time. I noticed it at 2:30 but could tell it had been snowing for some time because it was laying on the neighbors cars. The drive home was ok, the roads were semi-clear. But then traffic in Htown was bumper to bumper anyway. Had to stop by my office to pick up something and got a small treat bag , and a winning lottery ticket, they put together for the Christmas party last week. I didn't go. I never go. I always have to many things to do after work to stop buy, even for a few minutes. During the week it's rush, rush until after dinner. Weekends are better, I'm more relaxed knowing I can sleep until whenever. Had to go do some last minute things tonight, in the snow and decided I wasn't going back out. Don't' know if Bible study was cancelled or not, but I just didn't feel like going back out on the roads in the cold again. It's only been in the lower 20's here lately and with the wind, it's super cold. Been in the low teens to single digits overnight, so I decided to skip it. Have to go out later to get hubby and the oldest. Groceries came in today because of the holiday. Hubby hurt his back so I told him to keep the oldest and make him do all the lifting and moping of the floors. Hubby says he feels best when he first gets up. Told him it's because he's rested his back all night. I hope he listens to me and takes the oldest tomorrow to give his back a chance to get better. He said he was feeling better when he got to work and then lifted something and his back is hurting again. Well...............
I didn't take tomorrow off, I'm working. I don't think there's to much I have to do, good thing because my real work starts when I get home. Pies, cake and maybe some cookies. I'm feeling to lazy tonight to do anything. I did bake some pumpkin bread to take to my lady tomorrow. Christmas isn't something she really celebrates because she's Jewish, but it's still a holiday and she should have something home baked for the weekend, since I won't be back until Monday.
The cakes should be done cooling and then I'm off to veg on the sofa. My body knows it's the middle of the week, I'm tired!!
1 comment:
Hi Brenda, have a warm and joyful Chriatmas . Enjoy the cakes
Post a Comment