
There's certainly enough snow on the ground to make one of these! Early this morning I'm sort of waking up and I keep thinking I'm hearing wind and sleet hitting the bedroom window. Decide not to check because the alarm will go off soon enough. After I do get up I look out the window and sure enough, wind blown snow. Gonna be a great ride to work today.
As I'm getting ready I hear the snow plow coming down the driveway. This guy never fails to plow my car in. Is it really so hard to knock on the door and ask me to move it instead of piling snow in front of it?? Since the boys were off from school I got the oldest up to shovel the steps, around my car, and clean the car itself off. Hey, I got two teenagers, why should I do it? So, he shovels from the walkway to the car and that's it. Had to tell him again to shovel around the front of the car. It sits lower in the front than the back and I'm notorious for getting stuck in the snow anyway. Also had to tell him to clean the car off. He tells me to give him the keys so he can move the car. I ask him how he's going to move the car when it's covered in snow???? This car has a remote starter. I use that to at least get it warmed up a little, hopping some of the snow would start to melt off a little. Oldest takes the keys and puts them in the car because otherwise, it turns itself off after a few minutes. A while later he comes in with the keys in his hand and says the car won't turn off. I ask him what he's talking about. He says he has the keys and the car is still running. Personally, I think the kid is joking with me so I grab the keys and go outside, in my slippers to see what's going on. Well, he was right. I put the key in the ignition, turn it, take the key out and it's still running. Again, same thing. Finally, I leave the key out and try to put it in gear. Then the car turns off. I start the car with the key and by remote and it's working fine after that. Really strange though. Something must have been stuck or something.............
As I'm getting ready to leave I hear someone honking their horn. Long and loud. I get to the end of the driveway and this tractor trailer is speeding down the road just laying on the horn. My first thought was he's going way to fast on this snowy road. Sure hope he could stop and wasn't sliding. Don't know what he was blowing his horn at.
My drive to work is normally 30 minutes. Today it was 50 minutes. Some roads were really bad and others so-so. By the
time I left, it wasn't as windy but a sleet and rain mix. When I left to come home, all the roads were clear and the rain/sleet mix had ended. Glad it did. Someone from the Church had called and said Bible study for tonight was cancelled. When I drove past on my way home, the driveways hadn't been cleared. Guess nobody could get to it until later.
time I left, it wasn't as windy but a sleet and rain mix. When I left to come home, all the roads were clear and the rain/sleet mix had ended. Glad it did. Someone from the Church had called and said Bible study for tonight was cancelled. When I drove past on my way home, the driveways hadn't been cleared. Guess nobody could get to it until later.This isn't my road, but it sure could have passed for it this morning. Except the sky was grey, not this bright blue. Saturday the trees looked more like this. Just imagine huge, fluffy snow flakes falling, lol.
I know this is late, but me and hubby on Thanksgiving. Why everyone wants to snap my pic at the end of the day when I'm exhausted, I'll never understand!
No comments:
Post a Comment