Actually got home from work and had a few minutes to myself. That's rare! Staying home for the night. Bible study is basically cancelled because they are going to sing Christmas carols. I can't sing anyway.
Hubby was still here when I got home from work. That's unusual. The other guy had the truck and couldn't come and get him because the early guy wasn't around. Oh well, guess you just have to wait. Glad I didn't go shopping or visit my friend, like I planned. He'd still be here, lol! All I plan on doing is wrapping hubby's gifts, taping up moms box and then starting the last pair of booties for the cousin in Canada. Just might be able to mail both boxes on Friday. Then I have to start stuff for when hubby goes to India. Ordered wool yarn online and got a email today that it's been discontinued. Only getting the wool I ordered for the fingerless gloves. Now I have to go back and look at something else. I bought 2 skeins of a mohair and something else yarn. Two colors in the same color family. It's a very thin yarn and not quite enough to make what I want out of it. At least I don't have a pattern for anything using yarn that thin. My thought was to mix it with a slightly heavier yarn. Since I've never done any lace type work, but would love to I found a lace scarf pattern. All I need now is the second yarn to mix it with.
Decided I'm taking new years day off to. I normally don't but I want this last day to just relax and breathe. It's back to school after that so things will be getting busy again. It's like my last day of relaxation. What's really going to hurt is no more holidays off for quite a while after that!
Been thinking about what I'm going to cook for Christmas dinner. Decided I'm going shopping Friday night. This way I can take the boys, visit my friend, and drop my time sheet. Then I have all weekend to stay home, except for Sunday morning. And Monday I'm taking off as well, so it's a long weekend for me. Both the beginning and the end of the week. That should reduce some of my stress.
Well, time to work on dinner. I asked hubby to make a salad before he went to work, he forgot. I also asked him to make bread since I'm making potato and cauliflower for dinner tonight. He remembered the bread. Guess I can only give him one thing at a time to do :)
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
December
(15)
- Rain and snow
- The day after
- Twas the night before Christmas.............
- Flurries that accumulate
- Snow?? What snow?
- Slow day
- Bbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............
- Free time
- Done, done, done, done...............!!
- Pot Luck
- Break Time!!
- All I wanted to do is relax
- Howling winds and snow flakes
- First snow fall of the season
- You are beautiful and wonderfully made
-
▼
December
(15)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
No comments:
Post a Comment