Saturday, December 19, 2009

Slow day

So, this is the last weekend until Christmas. I pushed myself yesterday after work to do all the Christmas dinner shopping. And I even bought some dips and chips for New Years. It will be just us, I think, for Christmas, which is fine with me. I took Monday off, just to relax and get all the last minute things done. Hubby and I went last night and delivered one of the gifts we have under the tree. I was surprised hubby went with me, so was she. I can't remember the last time he was there. She was telling me she hasn't gotten anything done yet. Her husband was coming home last night and they were going shopping today. Not sure when he's leaving again, but she did say he won't be home for Christmas but will be there the day after. Her sister is supposed to come for Christmas, but since she lives out of state, it will depend on the weather. So we told her to stop by our house, no reason to sit home on the holiday alone.


Got up super early to drop my time sheet off at work. By dropping it off I know I'll get paid on time. Putting it in the mail if it comes in the office late I have to wait until the next week to get paid. No snow, so off I went. Earlier in the week I had bought something for the guy who works with hubby for his birthday. I got him a hoodie. The hood it lined with fur and has a fleece lining inside. He said it wasn't the right size, to small across the shoulders. That was the largest size they had at the time and I lost my receipt anyway. The youngest took it. He liked it and it fit so early Christmas gift. We bought him a different hoodie, bigger size. The guy doesn't like the color of this one! Well, guess he's getting nothing now. I've tried twice and struck out both times. Now I have to return this one and get the money back though. I did keep the receipt this time. It's odd the other receipt disappeared. I've been keeping the receipts in my purse. Best place I can think of where they won't get lost!




Supposed to be getting snow later tonight into tomorrow. Some people say we're not getting anything and others say quite a bit. According to the weather map we are on the verge of the 7+ side. Guess tomorrow will tell. Anyway, if we get a lot of snow then Church will be cancelled for sure. Another Sunday hubby was planning on going. Hubby says to just stay in bed and relax a little tomorrow morning if it's snowing. For the man to say that, I know he's tired.


I got all my knitting done so off to the post office I go on Monday with my boxes. Late in mailing them this year. Made a batch of Christmas cookies this afternoon, and that was it. I wanted to get 2 kinds done in the next 3 days, but just wasn't into it. Maybe tomorrow. Hope so, since I bought all the ingredients for the different kinds I wanted to make. Hubby bought me a new mixer for Christmas. So tired of fighting with the one I have now. Really tempted to get it out of the box and put it to use. Just might tomorrow. Tired of fighting with a mixer who's beaters refuse to stay put!
Well, I have a hat and scarf to work on yet for hubby so I need to get moving on it if he's going to have it for Friday.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Hi Madison,Take care.

This guy seems to be very picky about his taste.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.