I guess the big news of the day is that we didn't get the half a foot of snow, plus that was predicted. Not one single snow flake! We were talking about it in church this morning and one woman was saying she felt almost disappointed. Me to. Snow on a weekend when I can sit home and watch it knowing I don't have to drive in it is a rare treat for me. But, farther south of us, including nyc, got clobbered with snow. I had told hubby when the snow was supposed to start and to close if he was slow. Since hubby works until early morning, the roads usually aren't plowed or anything yet. I remember way to many nights driving home on unplowed back roads. Not a pleasant thing, especially when you have no cell service and you might see maybe one car the entire drive home. We live 5 minutes from hubby's work, but in snow that 5 minutes can become 20. Fortunately, it's a rather populated area.We got up and went to church. All but hubby, he chose the bed instead. As I was getting ready he was tossing and turning in bed having trouble sleeping. I told him it was God's way of telling him to get out of that bed and go to church with his family, lol. He said it was because the heavy curtains weren't' closed. Ha! He was up when I got home and I asked him what time he was up, he said 11:45. He only slept for another hour anyway. Again he says he will go next week. The service this morning was such a good one that I really wish he was there. We had been working through the book on Daniel, which he missed almost all of. Then the other elder has been preaching and he chose the real meaning of Christmas. Again, all messages that hubby should really be hearing instead of laying in bed. But, with him working nights he can at least attend church with me. If he worked daytime, he wouldn't have that option at all.

I came home and worked on getting the cookie baking done. One batch of cookies made and one bar cookie done. Ran out of time after that because the oven had to be free for the oldest to make dinner in. And I was getting tired. Had the oldest make stuffed shells. They were really good. I did hover over the oldest as he was making them though! So tomorrow just cookies on the agenda for me. And the mountain of laundry. Always laundry.........................
This 3 day work week is going to feel nice. So will next week since I took new years day off to. Not to do anything special, but just because. Since we didn't' do the white elephant at church last week with the pot luck, the thinking is maybe to do it new years eve. Sounds good to me. Maybe have everyone bring in some kind of snack to have before. We could have our own new years celebration. Should know for sure probably next week.
And then, well then it's back to business......................No more days off.
2 comments:
I guess you should be grateful that you did not get the snow. Believe me, It is not fun. We have ice problems weith the melting and refreezing. Forecast snow for Christmas eve and Christmas day.
we have snow. enjoy your time off!
Post a Comment