
Finally made it to church this morning. All I really wanted to do was stay in bed and relax, but the cat was making such noise, I got up. As soon as I'm up she gets quiet. We've nicknamed the cat the "four legged alarm clock." Every morning she just crys and crys, loudly sometimes, until I get up, or one of the kids on the weekends. Then she's quiet. By the time I'm dressed and awake, she's snuggled up somewhere asleep. Now, that's the life!
We had our annual pot luck and white elephant today. I knew about the pot luck, but not the white elephant. Not until I walked in and saw the wrapped gifts under the tree, then I knew. But, I haven't been to Church in a few weeks so that's why I didn't know. This pot luck was finger foods. Glad I brought meatballs because 2 people brought egg salad sandwiches and one person premade cold cut sandwiches. I did meatballs because in case there were a lot left over, I could always freeze them. Can't do that with the other
stuff. I only brought home a few meatballs. The others had a lot of sandwiches left. Two kinds of soups, but they also freeze well. The white elephant was cancelled because of the snow. We were supposed to get snow this afternoon and we did. It started right after the service was over, and accumulated fast. The snow was large flakes. Hubby didn't come with me this morning because he had to work early. His cousin spent the night at their aunts place and is coming back later today. So, early day for hubby. I never got home until after 1:30, hubby was supposed to be at work at 1. Oh well, I had these plans first and I'm not changing them just because someone made plans yesterday and I'm supposed to accommodate. Tired of doing that. I am glad I left when I did though because the roads were bad. As I was sitting at the end of the church driveway, there was a white suv coming down the road. The youngest was in the front with me and he tells me that person is sliding. They were going slow, but the closer they got to the turn they wanted to make, yup, they were sliding all right. Slid right past the turn. Slowly backed up a little and slid and made the turn. I had the pick up and had put it in 4 wheel just for the traction down the driveway. The church sits up on a hill, so it's up to get into the parking lot and down to get back out to the road. Winter you have the snow and ice and slush. But come Spring, it's mud. Mud, mud and more mud. The kind of mud that just sucks you in. Many a times in the Spring I've just floored it up the driveway hopping not to get stuck. Of course, the car looks like I've gone muddin, but I got up, lol!!
Anyway, it takes 10 minutes to get to church from my house. Took 20 today. On the way home saw 2 vans that had slid off the road in a ditch. Could only go about 35 and then I could feel the back end of the truck starting to slide, so nice and easy all the way home. As I was driving the snow was starting to turn to rain, but with the snow already on the roads, the rain was just making slush, and that can be slick to. By the time hubby got to work, the trucks were out salting and sanding. Had I waited a little longer, it probably would have been better driving. But, I'm home and hubby is at work, so that's what counts.
The white elephant was cancelled until a later time. There are a lot of elderly, mostly women who had to drive themselves home. Most don't live close either. This gives me time to get something under the tree for the white elephant to.



1 comment:
Hi Brenda, that 's some driving to deal with - pretty risky and I thought its only our chaotic traffic.
THe potluck sounds good....finger food sounds a good idea.
White elephant, that 's cool too.
Post a Comment