Saturday, December 12, 2009

Break Time!!


Why is it the weekends go so darn fast and it takes forever for the work week to move??
Had a lot to do today so was up and out the door by 10 am. Unusual for me, but busy day. Got all the shopping in town done and dropped my time sheet at work so no more in town for me this weekend. Talk about traffic!! Geez, I think everyone in the county was out today! Bumper to bumper. Did a lot of the shopping for baking stuff local because I just wanted to do it and get it over and get home. Had to go into town anyway, so got what I couldn't get local. I know the local supermarket is expensive, just never realized how expensive. While I was in town I saw some of the same stuff I bought local and on one thing I paid $2.20 more!! Everything in town was a lot cheaper. Told hubby that we have to shop in town more and to only use the local supermarket when we have to. My excuse today was I was just lazy, tired, and not in the mood. Stayed up to late last night knitting! I paid for it!
Get all my stuff home and hubby is making his bread. No room in the kitchen or the stove for me. Puts me behind on what I need to make for tomorrow. Hubby tells me his cousin needs our car because he's taking his family to see their aunt and possibly spending the night. Oh goodie, I get to drive the truck tomorrow!! NOT!!!!!!!! Anyway, his cousin has been having trouble with his wife and kids. He went and rented a house before he left and his wife refuses to stay there. She spends all day in the appt upstairs at the station. The few times he did leave his wife and kids at the house, they called every few minutes complaining about how he needed to come home because they are to afraid to be their alone. I'm going to keep my opinion to myself on this one. Anyway, hubby was telling me this morning that his cousin is looking for something else to rent. He already signed a 6 month lease for the place he has. He might not be able to get out of it and if he does, I doubt he will get his deposit back. He got this place through a friend of his, hubby told him to be careful because it might damage the friendship. His cousin has been looking at houses to buy but everything he looks at his wife doesn't like and says she won't live in it. I've lived in rentals I wasn't crazy about, but I kept my mouth shut and made do. After all, a rental is only temporary. When I first moved up here hubby plopped me in the middle of the woods. All alone, no neighbors close by. Wasn't crazy about it, but I didn't give him a hard time about it either. He says his cousins wife keeps telling him she wants us to move in with them at the rental house. Hubby says no. I asked hubby why and he says me and his cousins wife wouldn't get along very well. I asked him why and he said she's very lazy. She stays all day upstairs in the station appt, but doesn't do anything. No cleaning or nothing. His cousin had a local woman come in and clean up their yesterday. His cousin takes the laundry over to the station to do because she's terrified to go in the basement, where the laundry room is, at the house. He doesn't know how to work that machine, so he carts is with him. Hubby, and the oldest showed them how to work the machines. Again, I'm keeping my opinion to myself.
The cookies for tomorrow are baked and cooling. Gave the boys each one. Now I have to make the meatballs for tomorrow. While they are baking I'm just going to throw together some soup for dinner and call it a night. I've played catch-up with my laundry all day. Last load in washer, one drying and a pile on the bed waiting to be put away. I'm determined to get all this done tonight so tomorrow all I have to do is just make dinner. And relax. Monday will be a long day because of a meeting and Tuesday I have to battle the stores again to take the oldest Christmas shopping. Then the rest of the week should go rather well. I'm hoping!
Back to work!!

1 comment:

Amrita said...

THe wife sounds quite odd. Why is she so afraid? Is she new to the US, doesn 't speak english?

I mean she can at least help out at the apt.
Strange.

My Sheeba is my 4-legged alarm clock too.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.