Saturday, July 17, 2010

Full day

Nasty storm blew through here this afternoon. We got hail with it! I saw the sky start to get dark by the time I got outside to take the clothes down it was thundering and lightening. Seconds after I got inside it started raining. Then pouring with hail. And then it was over. The youngest went outside looking for a rainbow but I don't think he saw one.

I spent a considerable amount of time yesterday and the day before working on some soup that I thought I could eat. It was a vegetable soup with dried legumes. I got some out today and heated it and then put it in the blender because it just seemed to coarse. In my reading last night I came across a way to test if it's blended enough. Run a small amount between your fingers and if it's lumpy or coarse, it's not smooth enough. I already know anything that leaves any kind of grit or residue behind I can't eat. No matter what I did to this stuff I couldn't get it any smoother. Gave up and came to the realization that I can't eat it. All that work to.

Today was the local farmers market day. Came home with lots of goodies. Fresh green beans, yum! I can't wait to cook them up. Got some lettuce, don't remember the exact kind, a bunch of broccoli, and a pot of parsley. The parsley I put outside the door so I can just snip it whenever I want it. When hubby left for work he told me it was in to much sun and to move it. The plan is to try to keep this alive inside the house over the winter. We'll see. I've tried herbs inside one year and promptly killed them.

I had two containers of blueberries left that I wanted to do something with. I used them today. Made a blueberry buckle and a blueberry strudel. The strudel I'll freeze since the boys haven't' gotten into that yet. Half the blueberry buckle is gone already. If I see blueberries on sale again I'll buy some more, I have a banana blueberry nut bread I want to make. Not like I can eat any of this stuff but it makes the house smell good and it will be good during the winter.

Made a chickpea salad for the luncheon for church tomorrow. I played around with the ingredients and tasted the juice from it, but it's still hard to tell if it's right. Took a small dish outside for hubby to taste. Must have been good because he finished it and even took some to work with him, lol. I'll save the recipe and when I can eat real food again I'll make it again.

So now I finally have a chance to sit down. Didn't realize how tired I am until I sat. Going to watch a movie and try to finish crocheting my market bag.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

The chickpea salad sounds good to me. I 'd like to rey it.

We need spme 'storms ' like that for the rain! LOL

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.