I think every day this week we have had rain. Oh well, my garden needs it and hubby just spread the lime all around yesterday so the rain will help wash it into the ground and get rid of those pesky bugs that are just loving the green leaves on the plants. At least we don't have a ground hog digging in and helping itself this year.Hubby was making himself a sandwich out of cold cuts before he went to work today. It was chicken and I asked him how he could be eating that stuff knowing what those poor chickens have gone through to put that on his bread, lol. I also told him that if we had the room I would be raising my own chickens. Some for eating and some for eggs. He asked me who was going to prepare the chicken for eating. I told him that was his job, lol. He just shook his head and said no he couldn't do that.
My grandparents on my fathers side were farmers. They raised their own chickens, pigs, and cows. Some were for food. I remember my grandmother had this one particular apron that she used when she wanted fresh chicken for dinner. Usually by the time we got there the apron was off, but not always. Anyway, she was the one that choose the chicken and took care of business. I told hubby I just might be like my grandmother in that way. Poor man, couldn't leave the room fast enough, lol.
Last night got really cool so I sat outside for a while enjoying the breeze. I was enjoying my Lilly's which are almost all blooming. And my gladiolus which are budding. I noticed when I came home this morning that they are really opening up, but it was raining pretty steady and all I had on my mind was food, lol! I couldn't eat before my test this morning and I was so hungry after I got there and smelled all the food from the cafeteria. I don't care if it was hospital food I was smelling, it made me even more hungry!
Came home to a voice mail on the phone and I thought it was the doc calling back. Wrong, it was my primary wanting to do a follow up. Fridays are becoming doc days, lol.Tried napping after I got home but every time I would doze off the cat would crawl up on me and of course she would have to be on my stomach. It was full of food and that other wonderful stuff I had to drink. Hopefully the test will come back clear and this will be the end of it. I do believe hubby is really worried. Now. I don't think it really hit him until today.
Going to try another nap because now I'm really dragging.
1 comment:
Poor Goga! LOL!!!
Cleaning checken is really messy.
We kept chicken for eggs and meat years ago when we were kids and I remember what mess it involved.
Hope the sun comes out and the bugs fly off.
We got a little rain yesterday.
Post a Comment