Don't know what got into me this morning, but I was up by 7:30 am. I haven't been up that early for no reason in a while! Took advantage of the quiet morning and did laundry and hung it out. made 2 loaves of banana bread, cooked up some kale for hubby to take to work along with sliced cucumber and onion, from the garden, found a glass jar to put hubby's ginger in, he slices it and adds salt and white vinegar to eat as a side, and remembered to dethaw the butter to make ghee. Tomorrow we'll make the ghee since I've never done it and I want hubby's help the first time.
While we were outside installing the antenna for the tv my wash line broke. Gggrrrrrrrrrr. Hubby and the youngest picked the clothes up, fortunately they were all dry and hubby fixed the wash line as best as he could. I knew the line was going to go at some point because you could see parts of the rope that was starting to fray. I was hoping it would last until the snow and then I would buy a new one for the next year. Not to be, we'll just keep knotting and tying for now.We finally bought an outside antenna that works! This has been a long and frustrating process. We live in an area that only an outside antenna will work in, but, not just any outside antenna. Trust me, I know.
Since the dish signal is out, yet again, we haven't been able to watch tv for a while. The guy finally came yesterday to fix the tv. He told me he was going to move the dishes to the back of the house because he thought we would get a better signal. In the front of the house is where all the trees are. The back is just open field. The antenna for the tv works the best at the back of the house to. It's temporally set up because we didn't have enough wire. We get 3 channels where the antenna is now but last night when the boys were testing it out, the oldest put the antenna on the very top of the roof and we had like 6 channels. Hubby doesn't want to actually attach the antenna to the top of the roof, but put it on a long piece of wood to raise it up. We temporally have it up because we didn't have enough wire today. I have to pick up more wire. My thinking is if we can raise the antenna to the level of the peak of the roof, or higher, we might get more channels. I want as many as I can get, lol!
The dish guy is supposed to be back either today or tomorrow to move the dishes to the back. Right now we only have the Hindi and Punjabi channels. No American channels, except the Christian channels. But, with the antenna I have the local weather all the time and one local channel, lol. The other channel is all old, old movies.
Two more days and my vacation is over. It seems to have gone fast, but at least I'm feeling more energetic.At first all I could think about is food, all the time. Now, food really doesn't bother me. The saying you eat with your eyes is true. Not much I can eat and what I can eat really doesn't look all that appetizing. I am making stuffed zucchini for dinner tonight. That I want. We got 3 zucchini out of the garden over the weekend along with 4 cucumbers, one tomato, and some kale. The cucumbers seem to be doing really well this year. Hubby picked 4 more today.
It seems like every day we have a brief shower, which is fine with me. Less watering I have to do outside. Yesterday was warm, but nice. Low humidity. Today is just hot, hot, hot! Not a lot of humidity, until tomorrow, but I was sweating hanging the laundry outside early this morning! Even hubby was complaining about it being so hot outside. Hubby doesn't complain about the heat much, he loves the heat and humidity.
1 comment:
Gosh Goga loves the heat an d humidity, can 't believe. Of course when you have an air conditioner you don 't mind it.
I like the ginger preserve you make for him Never had it though. We pickle onions in white or sugarcane vinegar, good for the sumer meat they say.
Oh do put the antena on the roof, wha t are you doing with the Hindi and Punjabi channels!!! Get some English ones too. We have cable TV which has lots of Hindi, English and various regional language channels. Its not expensive just Rupees 200 a month.
I like your butterflies.
I wonder if kale is available in India.
Post a Comment