Woke up this morning in a rush thinking I was late. Actually I looked at the clock wrong and was way to early, lol. Oh well. Very hard time sleeping last night, to many thunder storms rolling through. Seemed like there was quite a few. Never heard hubby come home, but felt him crawl in bed.Made food for the church luncheon yesterday and remembered to do the last finishes this morning. Really didn't have any plans for this afternoon. I decided I just couldn't stand my office anymore so I went to work on it. Got one book case completely reorganized, the top drawer of the filing cabinet cleaned out, and the top of my desk cleared off. I have two large piles to work on tomorrow. One just needs to be sorted and the other is ins info I need to call the ins co about. I feel better, but the room looks kind of lopsided. One side is all neat and organized and then there's the other side.................
I came home from church and found hubby outside. He had weeded my herb garden! That thing was such a mess with weeds and now it looks so nice I need to take a pic of it, lol. I have been asking him for a while now to weed it, and I showed him what NOT to pull. He did well, lol. Have to say he's been keeping the yard really nice this year. He's been weeding the garden on a regular basis to. Why he doesn't make the boys get out there with him I'll never know. I know he enjoys the outside, but the boys could help him to. I've noticed my lily's are finally blooming. Seemed like it took forever. Glad the hail we had yesterday didn't knock the blooms off. While I was out in the garden I noticed we have some small zucchini starting. Can't wait. The broccoli seems to have problems though. It looks like it was starting and then just started to flower before the head could really form properly. I'm wondering if it's been to hot for to long for it. All my oregano and thyme has gone to flower to, and the spinach doesn't seem to be doing to well either. This is the first time we've grown spinach and we only have 3 plants. The tomatoes have taken off like crazy, they are almost as tall as the one tomato plant we bought early. The peas have pods on them, but they are all brown and dried up looking. Don't know what happened to them, this is the first year we had problems with them to. Everything else seems to be doing well, even the eggplant. We even are getting a few bell peppers from that plant, which is a first for us.
Tomorrow is the first morning I don't have to get up and be anywhere. I get to sleep in, lol. Now that's what a vacation is all about, lol!
1 comment:
sorry the bad weather kept you awake.
Your garden sounds very promising. We are putting in new seeds now.
Hope Goga 's family is safe in Punjab, they are having floods there.
Post a Comment