This is my last weekend of vacation, back to reality on Monday. It went to fast, even though I didn't get to go anywhere, it still went to fast. The good thing is Sunday is the first day of August. I'm hoping there is an end in sight to this high heat and humidity. Hoping September will have normal temps.
On the hottest day this week hubby and the youngest installed the antenna for local channels. I really only get 3 channels, but have the option of about nine. Nine if we can get the antenna in the right place where all 9 will work, that is. Buy, for now I have one local channel which is the main one I really watch, one channel with nothing but local weather and one channel with old movies and shows. We also got the dish fixed, sort of. they guy came back and moved the dish for the American channels and hooked that one up. The dish for the Hindi channels needs a wire and something else for it to work. That dish didn't have to be moved though. So I have tv again, figures, my vacation is over.
For the past few days I've been having trouble with the Internet connection. We all have. Well, we finally figured out the problem. It's my computer. My Internet is probably getting ready to go, that's why I get kicked off and can't get back on. And neither can anyone else. This is the second computer that I've had the Internet connection go on. Maybe it's me. The youngest has set up his computer for me to use for now. It's probably cheaper to get a new modem than to replace the Internet connection on my computer. Have to think on this because there are other things that have to come first. But at the same time, class starts again in September. Going to back up all my files though before the connection completely goes.
Haven't' gone anywhere since Thursday and I'm bored! Tired of sitting home. Tomorrows church and probably food shopping since I don't' have much produce left. I'm liking how I feel by eating differently, loving the weight loss, but cooking every meal from scratch is starting to bother me. Made stuffed zucchini for dinner last night with the zucchini from the garden. The kids got theirs stuffed with chicken, spaghetti sauce and cheese. Mine was stuffed with a little chicken, and only because I needed the protein, and a fresh tomato. No cheese for me. But it was ssooooo good. Could really taste the fresh tomato. Yum!
Finally heard from the doc about my test. He says it's acid reflux. Says the acid is coming way to high up and I will probably need to stay on an antacid for a very long time. Well, we'll see about that one. He gave me a different one which I'm glad about. No problems with it except I keep forgetting to take it before dinner. I remember in the mornings though. I'm going to keep taking it and keep eating the way I have been and see what happens from there.
There are days, like today, when eating this way really irritates me. I haven't slipped up yet either and as long as I don't I'll be ok. I know all it will take is one slip and that will make it easier the next time. I think if I ca figure out a way to make the food look better it won't be such a hassle for me and easier for me to keep doing. Made cauliflower and potato for hubby and the boys today. Boy I wanted that, but I know I can't have it, especially since hubby helped with it and he really spiced it up. Boys loved it though, lol!
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
No comments:
Post a Comment