Friday, July 16, 2010

Round and round

I walked outside the other day and saw this morning glory blooming and just had to snap a pic of it. I've never seen one so light before. This is the only one I have this color.
It's looking like rain outside. We were supposed to have showers and storms all day long, according to the weather forecast yesterday. Maybe they're moving in tonight.



The other night the cat was sleeping out in the sun room and as she was falling deeper and deeper asleep her head was drooping lower and lower until it was hanging down. Me and the youngest were watching her head fall. We were both trying not to laugh at her, but it was funny.

My allergies have been over the top this whole week. The worse I feel, the more the cat clings to me. Makes me wonder if she senses somethings going on. Every night she's been on hubby's pillow after I crawl in bed. Usually she's next to my pillow or by my feet. Sometimes I think maybe it's her closeness that's making my allergies crazy.


Today was doc day. Hubby went with me but he wasn't quite awake so he didn't have any problem sitting in the waiting room. He looked at my throat and told me it's swollen. Well, I know that, what I want to know is why and how to get rid of it. He gave me medicine for acid reflux saying that might be the problem. If it is, I'll get relief in about 3 weeks. Three weeks, can you imagine! But I also have an appt at the hospital to do the barium test to. Oh, joy. Hopefully nothing will show with that and it's acid which brings me right back to the glaring fact that I need to make a dietary change.

After watching the movie Food, Inc I've pretty much sworn off all meat. Might as well go all the way, if I eat better maybe I won't have to take this medicine for very long. When doc was talking about the meds he mentioned it would be a pill that I take once a day. I'm thinking, you know I have a swallowing problem why are you going to prescribe a pill for me. So I asked him if anything comes in liquid form and reminded him that my throat is swollen and I have a hard time swallowing. I don't need to try to swallow a pill and get it stuck and suffer through that. He just looked at me funny, lol.

Since we were in town and hubby knew I needed a new blender we dropped the script off and went food shopping and looking for a new blender. Bought lots of fruits and veggies. Tomorrow is the towns farmers market and I'll be hitting the organic produce stand to. Found a recipe for cucumber soup I want to try, getting tired of the creamed soups. Guess most of my weekend will be spent looking for new recipes. Anything that I can blend enough to swallow with few problems. Bought a new book on food. It's really detailed about what kinds of fruits and veggies contain what, and what to stay away from. Weekend reading, lol. Guess now is as good a time as any to start making the changes. It won't be to hard cutting a lot of foods out of my diet since I already have and aside from the allergies, I do feel better.

2 comments:

Amrita said...

We need rain real bad. Had a bit and not a drop since, its so hot and humid. just killing All zest and enthusiasm drains out.

I could use your cat too. Have a rat running around. My Sheeba is after her but can 't get it.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

ok that cat is funny....his little head going lower and lower.... ☺

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.