I've taken today and did nothing but relax. It's been nice. Did a little reading, crocheting, and watched a movie. Our dish has no signal, of course, it would happen on a weekend, so watched some of the instant movies on netflix. I watched the movie Food, Inc. This is something everyone should watch. I may never eat meat again! I've actually been thinking since there's very little I can eat, I may as well continue on and concentrate on eating more fruits and veggies anyway. I keep looking at the zucchini plants in the garden with their flowers and can't wait until the zucchini come. I so badly want stuffed zucchini. Hopefully I'll be able to eat normal food by then.Went to church this morning because it wasn't to bad outside. After church there was a meeting about the guest speaker that has been in the works for a while now. I personally, had totally forgotten about this. The meeting was because there hasn't been much interest in organizing this. One of the elders is going to be away that weekend also. When all was said and done the members, which I'm not, voted to cancel it. Basically they wanted everyone to make a commitment to be there for the three days this speaker was going to be there. My impression was that no one was really interested in general. I myself am making no commitments until I know whats going on with myself first.
The thing that really started to irritate me was what this one person said. You know in every church there is a clique. This one woman stated she didn't want all the responsibility put on her and her family. Well, my personal view is her and her family take on all the responsibility and leave everyone else out. I've offered many times before and my help isn't needed. Or anyone elses. This is also one person who never says anymore than "hi" occasionally to me. In all the years I've been attending this church she's never made me feel welcome. What was she thinking saying such a thing?? Whatever.
Vacation has started for me. It's going to feel so good not having to get up early and race out the door or drag a kid to work before dawn. I get to sleep in. Watch, I'll be up earlier than normal because I know I can sleep. Ventured outside and took some flower pics, now I can't find them, lol. Have to go back to aol to get them I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment