Friday, July 9, 2010

Vacation time!!

I guess I should actually be calling this a stay cation since I have no plans anymore. Not outside of the house. I was looking at my planner today and realized there is nothing fun planned for the next two weeks. Just doc appts, they are not fun. So, as I'm sitting around I realize I should probably make good use of this time and do some things I don't normally do. I plan to tackle my office next week. Ever since everything has come into this room, nothing has really been put where I want it, like the bookcases. They are in here, but in no way organized like I need them to be. My yarn is in the closets and really needs to be organized, as well as my school books, and the stuff that all goes with that. Believe me, there is at least a weeks worth of work in here, lol. Everything has it's place. Or should.
Then the week after that I need to organize my shoes in my room. When I buy shoes I keep them in the shoe box they came in. Well, that's great if you have the room, but I don't really anymore. And I need to tackle under the bed. I store comforters and blankets under there, but it really is a mess. It could look a lot nicer.

This is where I've been seeing the cat all day today. Right out in the middle of the walkway where she can be tripped over. Very unusual for her, but here she is. Notice she's not the least bit concerned about moving either, lol.


Today is still a warm day, but not as suffocatingly hot as in the past. The humidity is up there though. Went to work this morning and I thought I was going to pass out it was so hot in that house. There was a nice breeze, but you don't get anything if you don't open any windows or doors or nothing.
Of course she was surprised to see me since I kept telling her over and over I wouldn't be there today. Went early anticipating the heat so was out early to.
Was so tired this morning. Had a hard time getting out of bed, but when don't I. Just not a early morning person. Had such a hard time sleeping last night. Made the mistake of watching a movie that I should have saved for the weekend. The movie was called The stoning of Sonya M. It's based on a true story. I was really surprised at the detail in the movie and I think that's what bothered me so much. That and being a woman it really hit home and bothered me in a lot of ways. Today I put it back in the mail. The boys haven't seen it and I don't want them to. I did take down the authors name since there is a book out about it to. Debating on whether I really want to read the book though. Usually the books are better than the movies, but if the movie has stuck with me so, I can't imagine how the book will affect me if I read it.
Took a short nap after hubby left for work and feel a little better, but still so exhausted. Have to go dig up the batteries for the camera and going to take some more pics. I noticed some of my plants that I just planted last week are starting to bloom and I want pics of them. And it would be nice to get out of the house for a little while as long as it's not so stinkin hot.



2 comments:

Lucy said...

So it is hot where you are also. We took about 4 vacatios in our 40+ years and actually went somewhere. Looks like you have some pretty flowers. I think the reason mine bloomed so early was because it was so hot, so early. Stay cool. Good to, see you back commenting.

Amrita said...

Your kitty is very cute

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.