Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bad work day

It's spring break here for the kids. That means my lady's grand daughter is home for the week. We don't like each other. She's like a little spy, every time I do or don't do something, she has to call her mother. I don't like that. I know what my job is and I do it. I don't need a supervisor. Well, this house has both a cat and a dog in the house. There is no litter pan in the house for the cat. Well, you know what happens. When the kid is home on break she never takes the dog outside to do what it needs to do.

Well, today the cat did what it always does on the kitchen floor. I refused to clean it up. The kid then calls her mother and they are complaining, she had her on speaker phone, about my being lazy because I didn't clean it up. Well, my thoughts about that are not good ones. I did have to clean it up because someone came to check the stove in the kitchen and well, he walked in it. I did leave a note stating exactly what my job is,which does not include cleaning up after pets messes.

I really do like this case, and I could have worse, but the more I think about it, the more I want out. I'm getting to the point where I thinking more and more that I really don't need the hassle and aggravation from these nasty people. Really, I don't. I've had worse cases, that's why I snatched this one up. It's a really easy case, but it seems I'm paying for that by having to deal with the attitudes.
The weather here is beautiful today. The sun is out and the temps are decent. Tomorrow is supposed to be just as nice and a little warmer. I plan to go into town and then hopefully do some yard work outside. Haven't decided if I want to weed or start sanding the deck. We have to re stain and waterproof the deck this year and now is the best time to do it temp wise. I also have a screen door that I want to spray paint. I could do that tomorrow as long as it's not to windy. Only a small chance of showers on Saturday, but with temps possibly going into the 60's so I want to make the best of this weather.

I was talking to someone on Sunday who is getting married in May and I guess because he's getting anxious about the wedding and his job and other things, he was telling me that his brother who is a pastor, suggested to him to start reading the Psalms, backwards. This way, when he looks at the chapter he's on, he will know how many days until his wedding. So, based on that I went through the Bible and found 2 books that are 14 chapters long, Hosea and Zachariah. The book of Hosea appealed to me because it's a love story. So, each night before I go to bed I'll read a chapter. I will read it from the first chapter to the last though. Not sure how much sense it would make if I read it backwards, lol. But I can look at is as a way of counting off the days until hubby returns. He did tell his mother he's not changing his ticket again, and I really don't think he will. He said she was ok with that, and he has been saying all along that he wants to be back by the end of April. I did make him promise me he would take care of his things first, before his family's needs now. He's still having problems with his tooth so he needs to go back the dentist for that and he hasn't gone and done any visiting that he wanted to do or finished his shopping yet. These are all things he needs to do. If not, his family will have him running ragged and he will have all this stuff to do the last day. I told him sometimes he needs to day no and do for himself first. He's been there 5 weeks, there's no reason why he shouldn't have this stuff taken care of. Long ago.

Well, I need to get outside, if I don't the boys won't get the garden worked on.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

My good those peole at work are really nasty.

I clean up my own pet mess, when there is a occasional accident, I don 't expect my cleaning helper to do it at all.

Hope your hubby gets everything tied up.

I like your Bible reading plan.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.