Saturday, April 11, 2009

Taking a break from the kitchen

It's break time for me while the eggs cool. I was up way to early this morning and just couldn't go back to sleep. But, knowing all the work I had to do today, I laid there for a while. Actually, I laid there until I got tired of hearing the cat do her morning crying routine, lol. Then she just wouldn't leave me alone. Just meowing and meowing at me like crazy. I held her for a while and she settled down. Finally!

So far this morning I've gotten the salad ready. Everything is cut up in bags and just has to be added tomorrow morning. The carrots, celery, broccoli and cauliflower are done, pickles and olives done, eggs are cooling for deviled eggs, and the macaroni salad for our own dinner tomorrow is done. All I have left are the eggs and cheesecake to finish, as well as clothes to iron for tonight and tomorrow. Tomorrow I will make the stuffing before I go that way it will be hot and stay that way. And I don't have any more room in my fridge for anything else, lol.

Talked to hubby last night and again no surgery. Supposed to be Tuesday. Hubby is supposed to leave on Tuesday. He went Friday to the airport to get his sisters husband and didn't get to bed until around 2 am. I called him a hour later than I normally do, which was around 7:30 am his time and they already had him up! The man was getting ready to drop his grandmother somewhere. Poor man, they really need to let him get some sleep now! Today he had to go to the dentist and get his tooth finished, and then later in the evening to his sisters for dinner. All he kept saying was he was so tired and ready to come home. Nobody cares and nobody understands.

As for his coming home on Tuesday, I don't know what he's going to do. He did say his mother wants him to stay until she's had her surgery. I can understand that but.............. He was telling me though, that they have an appt on Monday and if the surgery will be done on Tuesday he will get her medicines and he will leave to come home on Tuesday. If not, then he might end up staying, he doesn't know yet. He may not be able to change his ticket, the ticket place may not be open for him to be able to change it to. If he can't then he's coming home because he doesn't want to buy a new ticket. He said he told his mother that and she got mad at him. Oh well. He's to the point now where he's had enough and he's getting angry. I can understand that, I would have been beyond angry by this point. I don't think it's fair of his mother to ask him to stay. Even if they get another doctor, this may go on for another 2 weeks or more. She has known for the past 7 weeks now that she needed surgery and never did anything until a week and a half before hubby was supposed to leave. She could have had the surgery done by the time hubby got there! Her bp is fine now, it's the doctor who keeps changing the date when he's going to do it.

As much as I want hubby home and don't want to wait any longer, I told him he had to do the right thing. He did say he's not waiting any longer than the end of April. If it's not done by then, he's coming home. No matter what. I figure, it's the middle of April anyway, whats another week or two? I'll be fine as long as I don't think about just how long he's actually been gone now. So Monday, for sure I will know what's going on.

Patience, I have to keep reminding myself to be patient.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.