I'm sure this is just a tease, but I intend to enjoy the sun for today, lol. The past few days have been dreary and wet. This is our rainy season, I think, lol.
Since it was raining yesterday and I really had nothing important that had to be done, I decided to just lay in bed until I was ready to get up. That was the plan anyway. Well, the oldest got me up around 8:30 am for a ride to work since it was raining, and well, riding your bicycle in the rain is no fun. Ok, took him to work, all the time I'm thinkin I can just crawl back into bed. After all, the pjs are still on. Get back into bed and read for a little bit, then lay back down. The cat decided now is the perfect time to start her crying and carrying on. I closed the door which only made her even louder. So, open the door and coax her in the room and in bed with me. She has a thing about doors in the house being closed. Don't close a bedroom door or anything and she will push at it until she gets it open, or you open it. I don't know why that is except she has always been that way since she adopted us. So she starts to find her spot on the bed and I start to relax again. I feel this tugging at the sheets at my back and then something is pushing at my back. It's the cat. I roll over, thinking she wants under the covers. She just looks at me and starts her crying and whatnot again. I'm thinking maybe something is wrong with her so I get out of bed to check her and she runs off the bed and down the hallway, looking back to make sure I'm coming. We get out to the kitchen and she just sits down to eat, like normal. It finally dawned on me that the cat wanted me out of bed. My laying in bed longer than normal had her all confused, lol. She was quiet after I got up. It's one thing for your kids not to leave you alone, but totally another when the cat won't!
Hubby called me last night and was sounding really down in the dumps. His stomach had been upset for most of the day and he went to bed early. He called when it was 5 am his time. His tooth has been started at the dentist on Saturday. He has to go back on Monday for the tooth to be finished. His mother is supposed to go for her surgery that same morning as long as her bp is high enough. If not they will give her medicine to make it higher and then do the surgery on Tuesday. She will only need to stay in the hospital for one day. It might be a very busy day on Monday for him. His BIL is coming on Thursday for a few weeks while he's on spring break. So, he will be driving to Delhi to the airport with his sister to get her husband. I think for the most part he is done with his fathers house. This is his last full week there so he has visiting and shopping to do. I've slowly given him a list, lol. I was looking at his return schedule and his flight out of Delhi is 9 am. That means leaving for the airport early in the morning and no late night/early morning phone call for me. I figure the last day I'll be able to talk to him will be Sunday night/Monday morning for him. That will be hard. I have to remember to start reminding him to call me before he leaves for the airport on Tuesday since it will be daytime for me and then to call me when he lands in NJ.
Went to church this morning and the service was a really good one. We are having a guest speaker on Easter morning. The norm when we have someone speak is to have a pot luck after the service. This Sunday will be the same. We did get together after church and decide to do a regular holiday meal. We are having both turkey and ham, and bringing sides to go along with that. The former pastor and his family will also be there next week. It will be nice to see them again since it's probably been about a year since they've been back. His parents and lots of relatives still live in the area. His father passed away the end of April last year, but it was a long time coming. All in all we were told to plan food for about 40 to 45 people. For us, that's a lot since the norm is about 20. So tomorrow I will look for recipes for desserts and start getting my shopping list together. I'll probably shop on Thursday and spend the day Saturday cooking and baking. Instead of doing a special service on Friday and the regular Bible Study on Wednesday night, what they decided to do is a special service on Wednesday and since the guest speaker will be here on Friday, do a special service on Saturday night and then the regular service on Sunday. Busy week! But, that will be good. It will keep my mind off the fact that hubby is still away. And by the time Monday gets here, he will be back the next day so hopefully the wait will feel short.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
April
(15)
- Waiting...................
- Hot, hot , hot
- Lazy weekend
- I can get excited now
- Lost page
- No motivation today
- Intresting day
- Making time for fun
- It's all downhill from here
- Bad work day
- Guess I'm going to find out
- Taking a break from the kitchen
- Almost.........the end of the week
- Another day
- The sun is shining!!!
-
▼
April
(15)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
No comments:
Post a Comment