Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hot, hot , hot

Yesterday we had record breaking temps all over the state. Downstate had a few cities reach 89! My little area hit a high of 84. The old record was set in the 1940's at 82 or 84 can't remember which, lol. I myself did mostly nothing. It was just way to hot. I did mange to get hubby's vest fixed. Again. I managed to mess it up again while doing the decreases. Decreasing, binding off and keeping the design straight was really a challenge for my concentration, lol! But, I finally got it and have a few more rows and that's all finished. Thankfully, lol!!! Hopefully the front will be much easier.

Today is absolutely beautiful. Not supposed to be as warm as yesterday. There's quite a nice breeze blowing, so today I will do the running I didn't do yesterday. By the afternoon, all I wanted to do was sleep, lol. Today we will weed, go into town for some produce and get Pansy. They might get planted today. Tomorrow is supposed to be very warm again, so not doing to much. The boys have to work the garden and today will be the best day for it. Yesterday the youngest was in and out all day and the oldest was playing yo'ville on the computer all day.

The oldest rode his bike to work yesterday. When he comes home around 1 pm I see him walk in the door wearing his winter coat!! Now I know 8 am is cool, but not cool enough for a winter coat. Besides, he's riding his bike. That makes you warm anyway. This kid, I just don't understand him. Every year we go through the same thing when the weather changes. If I didn't take his winter clothes he would wear them all summer long. The same when the weather changes back to cooler weather. The kid stands out for the bus with a sweatshirt on and it's so cold you can see his breath! And you know he's cold because he's shivering so bad he can't stand still. I just don't understand why the kid doesn't comprehend the differences in temps and dress accordingly.

Well, today's the last day I get to talk to hubby. Yesterday he had his sister packing for him. He was packing yesterday and today. He has only a few people to visit and that's it for today. Tomorrow will be a very long day for him. His flight leaves at 9 am on Tuesday. His family lives about 7 hours from the airport so they are leaving around midnight on Monday. That's a ride I wouldn't want to make round trip. So we will go 36 to 48 hours with no contact. That's longer than when he leaves. When he left this time occasionally I would look at the clock and think that hubby is still in the air, get out of bed in the morning and realize he is still in the air somewhere.

Well, I have things to do today and they won't get done playing on here, lol.

2 comments:

Estela said...

I just KNOW you are looking for something fun to do on your blog. I've been tagged to play "crazy eight" ... at least that is what I am calling it. I have to tag 8 people.... so TAG!
Instructions are on my blog Last Time At Bat . 'K thanx Bye! Estela

Amrita said...

84* is cool for us.Maybe your husband would agree.

Glad he is on his way home.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.