Hubby's mothers surgery went well yesterday and she's coming home today. I think we all have been holding our breath for a while now. But, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
Sometimes when I call hubby the connection is good and we can talk without getting interrupted for the full time on the calling card. Other nights, like last night, we keep getting disconnected. I gets annoying because if you get disconnected, you lose more minutes than what you actually used. Anyway, after I finally got through, we were talking a little and I asked about his mother, and we disconnected. Call back again and in a few minutes same thing. So.......... the next time as soon as he picked up I asked him about his mother. Talk about prolonging things, lol. He was telling me that he had been up since around 2 am because there were some nasty storms that went through and they lost power because of it. Him and his uncle had to go outside and start the generator so they could have water and enough electric to charge the cell phones. His uncle gets up around 4 am to start his work on the farm, and his aunt gets up at that time to make roti (bread) and tea for him before he goes, so they needed water to. His main plans were to take his mom home and spend some time with her. Later he was going to take a nap. I sure hope he got one.
Went to go knit this morning and glad I did. I would have never figured out the directions for this part of hubby's vest. Hubby called while I was there and asked me where I was that I wasn't home. It was just really weird knowing he's so far away and hearing him ask me that. I told him I needed help with his vest. His response, It's not done yet?? Ok, smarty, lol. I'm going to try really hard to have at least the back done by the time he comes home. Now that I've worked through the confusing part, that's what's next. Another 14 inches or so.
My little lady had her pace maker surgery today. I hope everything went well for her to. I do hope though, that if she has to stay over night in the hospital or something that her daughter would have enough sense to call the agency and let us know, beforehand. Usually with her, it's the second before. It gets irritating when I get a call from work not to go as I'm pulling into the driveway. She did that last week to me. gggrrrr. Yesterday she had a doc appt for her and no body knew about it until I walked in the door, hours before. It didn't effect me, but the woman who works after me was irritated that she only had to stay about 45 minutes. I don't blame her, I would be to.
Bible study is tonight, but not sure if I'm going. This day has just flown by and all I really want to do is get some serious knitting done. All I got done this morning was pulled 2 rows out and re knitted one. Not a lot, lol.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
April
(15)
- Waiting...................
- Hot, hot , hot
- Lazy weekend
- I can get excited now
- Lost page
- No motivation today
- Intresting day
- Making time for fun
- It's all downhill from here
- Bad work day
- Guess I'm going to find out
- Taking a break from the kitchen
- Almost.........the end of the week
- Another day
- The sun is shining!!!
-
▼
April
(15)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
1 comment:
I'm glad that the surgery went well. So hubby will be coming home soon? I still need to knit a matching booty to the one I finished while we were in Maryland. :)
Post a Comment