Decided it was time to take care of myself and went to the doctor for this sore throat, jaw, ear. Glad I did, I was seriously reaching my tolerance for this pain. I have strep. Just great. Normally, you don't get antibiotics, but I did because of all the recent dental work. Seems it makes you more susceptible to infections, which can go right to your heart. So the antibiotics are a precaution. Now, I'm not knocking the antibiotics. I want this gone, like yesterday, but it's all the antibiotics I've taken over the past 6 months or so that have weakened my immune system to the point that I'm going to be a frequent visitor to the docs office this winter. That's the part that sucks. Now I have to dig out my books and read up on how to strengthen my immune system. Doc gave me ear drops for the pain in my ear. Had hubby put them in before he went to bed. Huge mistake! I don't think he counted them as he was putting them in. If felt like he just squeezed. They were so cold it made my eyes water. Hubby just giggled and told me he wasn't done. Oh yes you are! I'll have to have the boys do it tomorrow before I head off to work and see if one of them is much gentler with me. Hubby's just to rough for me, lol.
Seems I just can't get away from having to put a warm compress on my face. I still have to do this as often as possible. Including my neck, and take warm showers or baths, 2 a day if possible. My glands have to drain and the best way is compresses and showers. If she would have given me some time off, I'd have the time to do all this, lol. Hopefully I'm off on Thursday. Oh yes, I was told to wear a hat that covers my ears, especially when it's windy outside. I'm not the kind of person who wears the kind of hats that cover my ears because it flattens my hair and squishes my bangs. I'm more of the Beret wearing kind. I do have a few hats that might cover my ears, but are not so hair flattening. Since we are supposed to go back into the deep freeze for the rest of the week, I'll have to put some kind of hat in my work bag so I remember to wear it. And, of course, since I was there they got me scheduled for all that wonderful girlie stuff I've been avoiding having done. As well as the blood work. Ugh!! So, the next 2 Mondays are going to be fun and more fun for me. Might as well just get it over with, start the new year out right.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(48)
-
▼
December
(21)
- Last post of the year
- Couldn't take it no more!
- Home alone
- Friday
- Happy Holidays
- New toy
- Unbelieveable
- Feeling like crap
- Finally free time for me!
- Snow, snow, and more snow!!!!
- Slowing down and doing what needs to be done.
- slowly losing my mind
- Off to a slow start
- Saturday
- Unexpected day off
- Just one of those days
- Brrrrrr
- TGIF!!!
- Thursday
- Tuesday
- Vacation's over
-
▼
December
(21)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.

1 comment:
Hey hun, I am doing the same thing. we have got a lot of stress and that is the hardest to work on controlling.
I eat the yogurts with the diff" magic "ingredients drink lots of cranberry , eat blueberry and pomegranite take garlic supplements and vitamin c and fish oils. also Tumeric and lots of curry foods ! I love curried foods and eat my japanese stir fries with curry spice. I buy the expensive curry . the kind americans use is nothing to me.
i know you are a smart person and probably figured this out by now. Its nice to have a friend to talk about this stuff with. lol
Post a Comment