Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thursday

Not to much going on today. A typical Thursday. Went to bed later than normal and now this morning I'm moving slow, lol. I stayed up to watch the show Parking Wars. I like that show but can never remember when it's on, lol. Having spent my share of time in Philly I can totally relate to these people. I remember only driving once to philly, and after that, we took the train. Parking seemed complicated because there were so many restrictions and time limits. Easier and cheaper to take the train and walk.
Tonight I get to go knit. I'm actually looking forward to it. An hour of time all to myself. That and I'm stuck in a pattern. I'm trying to make a pair of gloves for my mother and I'm at the point in the pattern where I just don't understand what to do. I started them the day before Thanksgiving and have been stuck since. At first I thought I just wasn't understanding because I was tired. So I looked at it the next day when I wasn't so tired and still am clueless. Time get help or they will never get done, lol. I did manage to use my time wisely and get a hat finished for hubby and a scarf for my father. Now all I have left is a hat for my father and mom's gloves. Should have all this done by christmas. I hope, lol.
We did manage to get to Bible study last night. This was the first time I had gone since the preacher left in about 2 years. It's very different now. Before there were about 7 or 8 people who went and just seemed like a lot of distractions. Now, we actually spent 20 minutes going through a book, that was just started. I think maybe it should be longer, but people seem to like it. Walking in there was like walking into church. I counted the people there last night. There was 19 of us! That's the largest Bible study I've even attended. Hubby didn't want to go so he was given chores to do while we were gone, lol. He had the dinner dishes to take care of and the laundry. I had washed 2 loads after I got home and all he had to do was take the laundry out of the dryer, fold it, and put the laundry in the washer in the dryer. At first he gave me a hard time and told me he didn't know how to work the washer. Yeah, right. So I told him just the dryer and he should be able to figure that out. Well, what I came home to was the laundry that was in the dryer was sitting on top of the dryer, unfolded. He did put the wash out of the washer into the dryer, and he washed, dried, and put away all the dishes cleaned the counter tops off, and took out the trash. Guess I can't complain to much. He was in bed when we got home to, and was home at his normal time so I guess he was really tired. He was going to go to the store in Ctown and finish taking some of the bottled drinks out and bring them to his station, but he changed his mind. I kept reminding him that we were going out and had to be home by a certain time. Since that store closed in September, we have been going back there every few weeks taking stuff out that should have been taken out when it was closed. Why, do they just not understand that when you close a store for the season, you have to take everything out of it?? Just what is so hard about that? I think the guy who was working the store should have gotten everything, not just some stuff here and there, all packed up and either sent back or taken to the station to be sold. Because, like always, hubby and the kids and I end up doing what should have been done months ago. If hubby would put his foot down about this stuff, maybe it would stop happening. We were over there Sunday afternoon ,in the rain, taking the beer out. Hubby knew I was upset because he wouldn't let me in the station. I told him I was going to ask the fool why it wasn't done and why, since he's supposed to be the boss, why he's not taking the time to do this instead of making hubby and the boys do it. He makes hubby do it because by the time hubby can leave the store it's like 3:30 in the afternoon. Hubby's supposed to be done at 4:00. This way he gets an extra hour or more out of him. So, since it's not looking like we are going to be able to go again until Sunday, I told hubby to go about 1:30 or 2:00. That way, by the time we get stuff out, take it to the station, unload it and stock it, it will be about time for him to leave. He will actually get paid for doing this instead of working for free. We'll see how it goes.
My time on here up, time to drag my butt to work now.

1 comment:

Estela said...

I've been knitting scarves this month. I just finished my first one today (I have one started that needs more yarn!). It is relaxing.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.