Saturday, December 20, 2008

Finally free time for me!

Considering all the sleep I lost last night, I was up early and it's been a very productive day. I decided, against my better judgement, to go into town and do all my errands today. The snow has stopped, after dumping about a foot on us, lol. It's been flurring all day, but no accumulations. It's teasing us. We are due for more snow starting early tomorrow morning, accumulating to between 4" to 8". It will certainly be a white Christmas for us. Just wish I could get in the mood. This year, I don't know why, it just seems like it's been so long in getting here, that I just wish the holiday would come and go and I could be done with it. I keep thinking I should be baking Christmas cookies, but the thought of baking from scratch is just to much trouble. Even buying the premade dough just seems like to much work right now. Maybe I'm just exhausted. I don't know. I just don't like when I'm not in the mood for Christmas, I should be, considering what it really stands for. This should be the most calming, happy, and peaceful time. Not for me this year. I don't know whats wrong with me.
The snow we got was a wet snow which is laying on the trees. As I was out driving today I kept telling myself to take in the beauty of everything. The first snow fall is always so pretty. Everything so crisp and clean and calm feeling. I opened all my blinds in the sun room so I could see the pine trees with the snow laying on them. Thinking maybe that would help lift my mood. The youngest was outside taking pics of the snow. We always try to take pics of the first snow fall every year and the date. I know we didn't have this much snow last year for Christmas. I think we got maybe a coating last year. I just remember a lot of ice storms last year. But nothing like the ice storm we just had.
Late last night the oldest came home. He refused to stay upstairs with the fool and hubby. Hubby bought himself an early Christmas present. A very expensive bottle of whiskey. Glad he didn't come home. To bad he didn't forget the home phone number. Anyway, the oldest comes home, looking totally exhausted, and complaining about hubby snoring so loud he just couldn't sleep. He said every time he would drift off, hubby would snore really loud and wake him up, so he went down to the store and got a ride home with the guy who does the plowing at the station. I know the oldest was desperate because he's very picky about who he will get in a car with. He has some friends who have stopped here and he refused to go out with them. Guess that's a good thing. Anyway, guess the fool was drinking to because the guy who brought the oldest home was questioning the oldest about hubby and the fool. He wanted to know if they drank that heavily every night. I've finally gotten it thought the boys heads that they are not responsible for covering for hubby's drinking. If anyone asks, they are to tell the truth about it. The oldest did. It's not like all the locals don't know or suspect anyway.
While I was out I got my time sheet dropped off. So glad the parking lot was plowed. I was having fears of having the youngest having to push the car if it got stuck. Not cool. We also went to wally world to pay the credit card. Got lucky and there was no body at the service desk so I was in and out. Didn't even attempt walking through the store. I'm broke anyway, lol. Went food shopping for things we need and the Christmas dinner. I didn't know what I wanted to cook for Christmas dinner. Everyone else wanted ham for dinner so I was out numbered. Nothing really appealed to me so ham it is. I was thinking that after Christmas I could make potato salad with the left over ham. That appealed to me. We are well stocked with fresh fruit and veggies. It's been such a long time since I've had a salad, that I'm hungry for one. I've avoided a lot of the fruits and veggies I used to eat because it's harder to chew those foods with teeth missing. But, I've found if I take my time, and very small bites, I can eat it. And I'm missing it so a huge salad for Christmas dinner. Probably before that to. I've been making coleslaw a lot lately. Been wanting that to. My body must be missing something.
After we came home from food shopping, and only taking the main roads. I wasn't thinking and took a back road on the way into town and instantly regretted it. It wasn't clear, at all. Most of the roads were ok, some better than others. This one was definitely on the not so good side. Almost as bad as my driveway. Anyway, the roads were better on the way home. We put everything away and the youngest cleaned the fridge out. Without being asked! It was in desperate need of it anyway. Now when I open the fridge, the shelves are so clean and bright, it hurts my eyes, lol. While he was doing that I got all the floors swept, mopped and vacumed, dishes done and put away, moved the shoe racks, put all my sneakers and other non winter foot wear away, all my boots out of the boxes and on the racks ready to go, and laundry started. I feel better when my house is clean. One more load of laundry to wash which is sweaters. I always do them last because they can take very long to dry. Then put the laundry away and change the sheets on the bed. Then, my work for the weekend is done. Tomorrow I get to do what ever I feel like doing and Monday. With any luck the boys might actually go to school, but I'm not holding my breath on that one. Personally, I don't think they will be back to school until next year.
It's not looking like there will be church tomorrow either. The snow storm is supposed to start around 4 am and not end until after 10 pm tomorrow. As of yesterday the predictions were for snow starting in the afternoon and being done early evening. Somethings changed. Have to catch the weather tonight.
Well, my break time is up, once again. Have to start thinking about what I want to make for dinner. It will most likely be just me and the youngest. The oldest will probably eat at the station before hubby stumbles in the door. Or I get a phone call.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.