Hope everyone had a great Christmas. Mine was rather quiet, which was nice. Don't think the old nerves could have handled much excitement, lol. Got some baking done on Christmas Eve and the rest I may do this weekend, or not at all. Depends on how I feel.
My parents bought the boys ipods for Christmas, so they spent most of their time putting music on them. Then I discovered I also have an ipod and their chargers work on mine to, so they put music on mine as well. Over the summer, when a lot of the tourists come through, hubby had found a fanny pack in the store. It sat around and sat around and finally hubby brought it home and gave it to me. He thought it was either an ipod or iphone in the bag, but not being able to charge it to turn it on, it was anyone's guess what it was. He had said quite a few times for me to take it somewhere and get a charger for it, but I never remember when I go into town, so it just sat and sat. As I was looking at the boys ipods, I'm thinking maybe their charger will fit and I can finally find out what this thing is that's been sitting around forever. Well, I know now, lol. This is one of the older ones. The boys have a lot more on theirs. Nike has teamed up the ipod and put something on it to use while you workout. It comes already installed on the boys, but if I want it, I have to pay. Ok.
Got up this morning and was wishing I had taken today off. Just didn't want to work today. Didn't sleep much last night, just to much pain. I still have a sore throat and some days feel like crap. I called the dr, but they are closed today. Figured she was, but was worth a try. The dentists office was open today. I called them on Wednesday, after they left a message on Tuesday, but they were closed. I expected them to be closed for the rest of the week to. So on Monday I have to call the dr and see just how soon I can get in there. I know she's going to be upset about my weight, but, oh well.
Not much planned for the weekend, except rest and more rest, lol. Have a few errands to do tomorrow, and that's about it. I intend to hibernate the rest of the time. Listened to the weather report and it' supposed to hit 50 on Sunday. That will feel like shorts weather compared to the deep freeze we've been in lately. With the temps hitting in the lower 40's a lot of the snow has melted. I can't believe 18" of snow could melt so fast. Glad I got pics when I did, lol.
My relief today was someone who I only see occasionally, and since I haven't seen her in a while I asked her how her Christmas was. She told me she didn't celebrate Christmas because of what it stands for. I thought maybe it was because of the commercialization. I must have given her a funny look because after a few minutes she explains to me that she's a Jehovah's witness and that Christmas is not scriptural. Now, I don't know much about this religion, but I did think they celebrated Christmas. But the remark about it not being scriptural, just left me speechless. So,I did the smart thing and changed the subject, lol.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(48)
-
▼
December
(21)
- Last post of the year
- Couldn't take it no more!
- Home alone
- Friday
- Happy Holidays
- New toy
- Unbelieveable
- Feeling like crap
- Finally free time for me!
- Snow, snow, and more snow!!!!
- Slowing down and doing what needs to be done.
- slowly losing my mind
- Off to a slow start
- Saturday
- Unexpected day off
- Just one of those days
- Brrrrrr
- TGIF!!!
- Thursday
- Tuesday
- Vacation's over
-
▼
December
(21)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.

2 comments:
Oh you sweet innocent thing!
My daughter was once a jehovahs witness so I know quite a bit about it. They dontcelebrate any of our holidays. In school there children do not salute the flag or pledge to the
flag.If it aint in the Bible they dont do it.
anyway, Did you finish the p.j's? did you do the purses that you wrote of? you know I have been waiting to hear about that. lol
I had a friend who tried to convert me. I also was once a practicing Buddhist. But God always pulled me back to Him!! Thankfully!
My Christmas quiet too. Two of the stepsons blew us off, but that's ok the others were here!
Post a Comment