Sunday, December 21, 2008

Feeling like crap

For the past few days I've had a sore throat, and my ears have been clogged. When I talk, it's like I'm hearing an echo in my ears. Really weird. Last night, when I went to bed, I bent down to do something and my forehead, and under my eyes really hurt. So, I'm thinking this is a sinus infection. Maybe tomorrow I'm going to go see if the local market has something for sinuses. I don't want to go to the dr because she will just give me this sinus irrigation stuff. I watched hubby do this stuff and it was not pretty. He kept doing it so he must have gotten some relief from it, but.........eewwwwww. Just not for me, I would rather suffer, lol.
It's snowing here again and cold. The high for today is 20, tomorrow 10. Brrrrrr. It wouldn't be so bad out there if the wind wasn't blowing. Nothing like wind blowing snow at you. This snow is the light powdery stuff. The snow from the day before was the wet sticky stuff. Unfortunately for me, I've already been out in this mess. Had to take the oldest to work. Hubby is on his own if he wants to get home. I'm not going out is this mess again. I probably shouldn't be out in this mess again. I'm thinking tomorrow I'm just going to hibernate inside . This bitter cold just makes my back go into spasms. So, today, I turned the heater up higher than normal, but then again, it's colder than normal to. The heater in the sun room is on to. Usually we only turn the electric heater on in there when some one is actually in that room. Not today, and probably not tomorrow. Don't know if the boys will have school tomorrow or not. The roads yesterday after the storm weren't that great. Today they aren't good either. They have been plowed, but still slippery. I was sliding when I was stopping to drop the oldest off at the station and I slid when I was stopping to get into my driveway. At least I start to slow down and start to stop before I have to turn.
I've decided to work on the sewing I have left today. The youngest still needs pj bottoms and flannel pajamas for the oldest. I also have some flannel, that I bought last year, to make flannel bottoms for myself. I just might try and see how much of this I can get done between today and tomorrow. If I'm in the sewing mood tomorrow. It would be so nice if the boys had school tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. I've resigned myself to the fact that I will have them in my hair for the next 2 weeks.
There was an article in today's paper about all the missed school days. I was under the impression that the kids had 8 snow days. According to this article, it's only 5. I would have thought more with all the snow we get up here. Anyway, what our district has done is scheduled 2 staff development days, which count as school days for the kids. They have already moved the last day of school by one day, and taken a day off for memorial day weekend. Why not make the spring break shorter?? It's a week and a half this year! Please, people! I'm going to have to invest some serious money in hair dye in the coming year, lol.
The youngest has plans for Monday to go to a friends house to go snow mobiling. Good, go, great. Her biological father has a farm, which she works at now since her mother and step father have stopped paying for her cell phone bill. I think it would be good for the youngest to get out of the house. He's been home an awful lot lately. If I stayed home as much as he has lately, I'd be going bonkers by now, lol.
Well, if I don't get off here, I'm not going to get anything I wanted to do today done.

1 comment:

jun said...

hey Madison!
sorry about your sinus infection, sounds like one of mine.I hate those!I usually wind uo getting antibiotics even though i treat it myself.you know me with all my supplements and herbs and stuff. lol
You are right about not needing to go out in that cold and snow.
Flannel p.j's are the best in winter. I have several flannel nightgowns my favorite is the oldest because it gets softer as it gets older. I hope you get better soon!

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.