This is going to be a short one. Not feeling all that great.
Hope everyone has a happy and safe new year. I myself will be ringing in the new year in bed, hopefully asleep. I haven't slept the whole night through for over a week now. Last night was a really bad night. Just to much pain. It seems the Tylenol just doesn't work as well as the Advil was.
Since I was up all night and did work yesterday, which was such agony, I decided to call off for today. Glad I did. I ended up having to use the ear drops every 4 hours like I'm supposed to. Since I had to lay on my side, I have been putting warm compresses on my face as well. I was only outside once today and that was to take the oldest to work. I was bundled up because highs here are in the teens during the day, along with 6" of snow. Tonight's temps in the single digits with wind chills below zero. Not weather I really should be out in. I wore my ear flap hat, which I have never worn. Hubby got it for me about a year ago. It's really heavy, it has a fleece lining so I thought that would be the best ear covering I have. Since I stayed home today, I had to call the office this afternoon to see if I had to work tomorrow. I was hoping I didn't have to. Sometimes, when my lady's daughter is off, she still has us come in so she can go out. I was hoping she was planing on staying home tomorrow. She is. Good, because I really think I need another day home to take care of just me. The pain is manageable, until the meds wear off. Then I'm hurting. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I have to work on Friday and really don't want to spend the whole weekend home with this either.
Hubby was really good about taking care of me. I was surprised. I told him this morning that I was taking care of me and when he came home, everything, right down to cooking was his responsibility, I wasn't doing it. He came home and made hot dogs. So not what I wanted, but, it will do. The boys keep looking at me and asking me if I'm ok. Geez, can't I have a sick day? Seems like if I stop doing things and lay down, everyone gets worried. Maybe they all need to stop depending on me for everything, ya think??
Well, I'm going to go take a shower, and then it will be time for more meds and then I'm going to settle in for the night. Just might look through the dvd's and see what looks good. Nothing on tv I want to watch tonight.
Happy New Year everyone!!
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(48)
-
▼
December
(21)
- Last post of the year
- Couldn't take it no more!
- Home alone
- Friday
- Happy Holidays
- New toy
- Unbelieveable
- Feeling like crap
- Finally free time for me!
- Snow, snow, and more snow!!!!
- Slowing down and doing what needs to be done.
- slowly losing my mind
- Off to a slow start
- Saturday
- Unexpected day off
- Just one of those days
- Brrrrrr
- TGIF!!!
- Thursday
- Tuesday
- Vacation's over
-
▼
December
(21)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
2 comments:
Oh man, madison I get that sometimes too. So I hope and pray you get over it soon.
They had a commercial on t.v. today that finally advised to not take tylenol with anyother tylenol product. They did not say openly that tylenol can ruin your liver. I stop buying it anyway cause it never works for me.
Aspirin worked for the ear thingy but that ringing in the ear is so annoying.
I am so proud of your hubby!!! keeping all of you in my prayers and I really appreciate the kind , encouraging things you say and boy do I need to hear them!
Hi Madison,
Although I take meds prescribed by my VA 'doctors' I have been studying and using healing herbs for the past 30 some years and they WORK! Sorry about your pain.
I hope you check out my on-line Journal soon.
Cordially,
Tom
tschuckman@aol.com
Post a Comment