Thursday, December 18, 2008

slowly losing my mind

As of today, the kids in our district have been out of school for one whole week. And it's not even Christmas break yet!! At first the power company's were estimating everyone would have power by Wednesday, for sure. We get a whole 2" of snow and that throws the power companies off by one day. Now they are saying today. Well, they better have all power restored by today, because we are supposed to get a major snow storm starting Friday and lasting into Saturday morning. And, of course, you know they will cancel school for tomorrow, in anticipation of the snow that is supposed to arrive late afternoon. What is really irritating me is that we are the only district that has no school. From what I understand from the kids, there is only one small town, with like a few hundred people who are still without power. And it's not even the entire town, just a handful of people. I was going to take some time off during Christmas break, I'm so glad I didn't. I'm going to take my time off when the kids will have school for sure, lol. With any luck, they will take time off of the spring breaks and any other long breaks they have. As of now, the kids have had a total of 7 days off, only one was a snow day, the rest were due to the power being out. One on my kids said one of their teachers said they don't have to make up days of school lost because of power outages. I don't understand why since they have to do to school so many days, and they only are given 8 snow days. The snow is just beginning here, I know they will have more time off, and if they close the school tomorrow, then it will hit 8 days already. These kids may very well be going to school until July, lol.
It's been such a busy week, but one of those weeks where it's just dragging along. I'm sure that isn't helping my crabby mood. Yesterday I ended up walking up the driveway at work because my car would not go up the driveway. It was just to slippery. I would get about half way, and the tires would just spin and I'd back down. This driveway is a very steep driveway. When I had the Jeep, I would have to put it in 4 wheel just to get up the driveway. I don't have that now, so now I walk. I do think from now on, I'm just going to park at the end of the driveway, I don't like my car sitting on the side of the road. When the daughters boyfriend came to check on the fireplace in the afternoon, I asked him to see if he could get it up the driveway. He did, no problems. Must be a man thing. Since they don't turn on the finance, the house it heated with just a electric heater and fireplace, it was rather cold in there. And I wore a sweater and turtleneck under it and I was still cold. I think what was really getting me was my boots were wet, and so were my socks because of walking up the driveway. As soon as I got home I changed and crawled under the covers for the afternoon. Being in all that cold all the time just seeps into my bones and makes me feel miserable. Today I'm prepared. Bringing extra boots and socks to change into, lol.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.