Woke up super early this morning and got so much accomplished. All the laundry is caught up, some light cleaning, and even almost finished the pj's for the oldest. Got all the gifts for my parents wrapped and in the box ready to be sent on Monday. All the other gifts for us, except for the youngest, are all wrapped and piled in a corner of the kitchen. When hubby got done work, we went and got a real tree. I think the last time I had a real tree was before we moved up here and the boys were little. Actually, we were still with their father. We've been divorced for 12 years, so it's been at least that long. It's nice to have a real tree. I wanted a really fat one and that's what hubby picked out. The cat has been looking at it and sniffing it, but other than that she seems uninterested. That's good, hopefully she won't decide to get really friendly with it and we have to tie it up. She has always hid or slept under the artifical one we have. I'll give her a few days to see what she does.
Church has been cancelled for tomorrow because of the power outage. There are still some people in my county who haven't had power since early Friday morning. Yesterday all day long the news was doing updates and posting emergency shelters in the different counties. Some friends of ours were here today to take showers, refill their water containers, and do dishes. I'm so glad she called. I had thought of her earlier when this happened, but I knew there was a wood burning stove in their kitchen so I thought they at least had heat. The wood burning stove really doesn't work that well, it needs a new chimney. They can use it, but not for long. She ended up coming over here to do what had to be done. She said she was cooking outside on the grill, because they own a motel and one of their customers was refusing to leave. I did give her a list of emergency shelters to give to the woman, thinking maybe she would want to go. She was still refusing. I just can't imagine not wanting to do that. No heat for almost 2 full days. By that time I would be desperate for heat. The house I work in the daughter uses an electric heater and fireplace to heat the house. That's fine, except when the fireplace goes out. The furnace is set around 55 or so. I never hear the furnace go on when I'm there. It's just to cold in there I think. It seems after a while like the cold just soaks into my bones and makes me ache. I have another 3 months of this. And I wonder why I feel crappy all the time.
Our friends from church, who live down the road from us, were telling me that the part of the road that they live on is only open on one lane because of so many tree branches still laying on the road. A lot of people we know have lots of trees that have split as well as huge branches that have broken from the heavy icing. I'm just so glad we were not part of all that. The worst we got was lots and lots of flooding. I much prefer to have my yard covered in water than to have no power. Some people have just gotten power back late today and others still have none. There talking about the school not having any power until possibly Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm hoping for sooner rather than later.
Since we got the tree today and there's no church tomorrow, we are going to decorate it tomorrow. That way we can take our time with it and not have to rush. Getting the tree and decorating all in the same day makes for a very long day. I want my Monday to do whatever I want. I've spent the past 2 days doing what needs to be done, so hopefully I can have just one day for my stuff.
The oldest pj's are almost done. Just need the elastic in the waistband and they are finished. Then 2 more pairs and a set of pajamas. I don't see the pajamas getting made for him. If the kids have no school on Monday I don't know when the youngest flannel bottoms are going to get made either. This Monday and the next Monday are the only 2 days I have left to work on his stuff. I don't even have his stuff wrapped yet. I was so hoping he was going to go with the neighbor today, but he chose to stay home and irritate me. I'm beginning to think he senses I need him out of the house, that's why he's not leaving, lol. If worse comes to worse, I'll have to ship him off to the station on Saturday for the day so I can get his stuff done. I have a big plastic tote that has all the wrapping paper and stuff in it. I can't put that back in the shed until all his gifts are boxed and wrapped. I'm getting tired of looking at that tote, lol.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(48)
-
▼
December
(21)
- Last post of the year
- Couldn't take it no more!
- Home alone
- Friday
- Happy Holidays
- New toy
- Unbelieveable
- Feeling like crap
- Finally free time for me!
- Snow, snow, and more snow!!!!
- Slowing down and doing what needs to be done.
- slowly losing my mind
- Off to a slow start
- Saturday
- Unexpected day off
- Just one of those days
- Brrrrrr
- TGIF!!!
- Thursday
- Tuesday
- Vacation's over
-
▼
December
(21)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
No comments:
Post a Comment