Monday, December 22, 2008

Unbelieveable

The boys actually had school today. I can't believe it. It was a one hour delay. But they went, lol!! It seems silly to me to open the school for only 2 days and then be closed again for the next 2 weeks. Maybe the district decision makers are desperate now.
The snow has finally stopped falling after seeing that stuff come out of the sky for the past 3 days. I think we have about 18" of snow right now. There is another storm moving on on Wednesday, but the predictions, since the temps will be in the 40's, is for ice first and then turning to all rain. I'm hoping for either snow or rain. Nothing is worse than ice on top of snow. Ice to me is that in between thing that I feel we can do without, lol. The sun is actually shining today. Pleasant change from all the clouds. But the wind is kicking up and the wind chills are like 10 below today and into tomorrow. I was the good mom and drove the boys to school this morning. Just way to cold to stand outside this morning. As I was going past the kids who were waiting for the bus, I noticed one girl standing outside with capris on! Where was that child's mother when she was getting dressed this morning?? The high for today is only supposed to be 10. I also saw a few boys standing outside with nothing but sweatshirts on. I'm sorry, but it's way to cold to let your child leave the house dressed like that. What happened to being a parent and making sure your kids are dressed for the weather? My oldest is 18 and I still make him dress accordingly. He fusses and fumes at me, but oh well! That's my job as a parent.
Finished the pj bottoms for the youngest yesterday, so officially, all my sewing is done for Christmas. Anything I might sew or knit is just extra. I don't know what I'm going to do today. I really don't want to stay home, but it's just to bitter to be outside. I do have some errands to do and then probably take the oldest to work with hubby. Hubby and I need to chat, before he comes home. His mood just isn't the greatest when he gets home anymore and having any kind of conversation with him is out of the question.
Hubby called earlier and said his cousin was supposed to call me in half an hour. Well, it's been an hour and a half, and I'm still waiting. Don't have time to wait all day on this man. If he doesn't call before I'm ready to leave, oh well.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.