I have to say, I'm so glad I'm home and don't have to go out anymore tonight. My relief ended up calling off, 30 minutes before she was due to relieve me. We are getting hit with a huge snow storm, which started around noon. We are supposed to get about 12" by the time this is all done. I tried calling my office, and they were closed, so at that point I knew this storm was dumping some major snow on us. I was really pissed that I would have to drive home in this after 4:00, but my lady's daughters boyfriend offered to stay. He said it was getting really bad. I kind of agreed with him because I didn't see one snow plow go by the house, which is rare because up here, as soon as it snows, they are salting and sanding. I left a message for the office, and I left. No sense in being stupid.
Hubby had called me wanting to know what time I was done work. I've gotten done at the same time for almost 3 years now. How can the man not know what time I get done????????? Anyway, he wanted me to call him when I got home. It started snowing at the station sooner than it did where I was working. Normally it takes me 10 minutes to get to work. Today it took 30. I was really anxious because this was the first time I really had to drive the car in snow. No more Jeep :( But, the car did really well, good traction, so I'm glad about that. Didn't run into anyone acting stupid in the snow on my way home. Everyone was going just as slow as I was.
Today, again, the boys had no school. That makes 7 days total they have had off. Six days because of the ice storm last week. And again, on Sunday, more snow. Predictions as of now are another 5" to 8". It's supposed to start early Sunday and end later in the day. Maybe no church again. There was Bible Study on Wednesday, but we didn't go because we weren't sure if the church had power yet or not. By the time we found out it was after the start time. Didn't want to walk in late.
Debating on taking off tomorrow and doing in town what I need to do, or waiting until Monday when I'm off. If I wait until Monday, I can do the food shopping for Christmas dinner as well. And take the youngest shopping for this brother and hubby. I really don't think the kids are going back to school this year anymore. Again, we were the only district closed. I don't know why, everyone now has power back on. As of yesterday.
So now I have all night and all day tomorrow to stay home and do whatever I want to do. Hubby and the oldest aren't coming home tonight. Not sure I can get out and really don't want to drive in this mess again. That means the youngest has to dig the car out and clean the steps off. Yeah, right. That child is so lazy, it'll take all day for him to decide to actually move. I come home from work today and he's iming on the computer complaining he's bored. Gee, why? The steps weren't cleaned, at all. You have a basket full of dirty laundry, not to mention all the clean laundry is piled up on the dresser. Trash is crawling out of the can. How can this child be bored??
Kicked the kid off the computer and now it's my turn to play, lol. But, at least I'm doing laundry too. I was thinking about maybe baking some Christmas cookies, but...........I'm tired and just don't feel like it. The thought of doing some more sewing is much more appealing. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. So looking forward to sleeping in. Every morning since the kids have been off, the phone rings around 6:30 am. Not cool since I'm up once already to take hubby to work at 4 am. So, I just roll over and take the receiver off the hook. That ends that!
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(48)
-
▼
December
(21)
- Last post of the year
- Couldn't take it no more!
- Home alone
- Friday
- Happy Holidays
- New toy
- Unbelieveable
- Feeling like crap
- Finally free time for me!
- Snow, snow, and more snow!!!!
- Slowing down and doing what needs to be done.
- slowly losing my mind
- Off to a slow start
- Saturday
- Unexpected day off
- Just one of those days
- Brrrrrr
- TGIF!!!
- Thursday
- Tuesday
- Vacation's over
-
▼
December
(21)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
2 comments:
we had a snow day too, but for the ice storm. It was cleared up by noon. now it's time for winter break! whooo hooo
my children had their last day today until after new year.
wow that sounds exciting , all that snow! I havent driven in snow for so long I probably could not do it now.sounds scary .
Be safe! jun
Post a Comment