Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Just one of those days

Left work early yesterday. Actually it was a scheduling mix up on my part. I thought I put in for the whole day off, but just half. Dentist appt was in am, so had to cancel because I had to work. So, I decide to get the last few things I need for the youngest. I run into town after work and hit Big Lots for the Ihome he wants for christmas. I'm walking in the door and there is the youngest! Then it hits me, it's Tuesday and on Tuesdays and Thursdays he works at Big Lots through the school program. Crap! I decide to get a cart, trying to avoid my kid, and the next thing I hear is "MOM". Oh, man, I've been seen. He comes running over like he hasn't seen me in years and gives me a huge hug. Wants to know why I'm not working and what I'm doing there. Thinking to myself, I'm there to get a christmas present for him and he needs to go away so I can get it. I told him I was done working for the day and wanted to get mom-mom and pop-pop a gift set. Which was true, I did. Then I'm walking through the store, being followed every few seconds, and I'm thinking I need some type of clothing or something to cover the box for the Ihome, because otherwise he'll see it for sure. I saw sweatpants and decided I would check them out because I want to get him some for this birthday and right now if I can find them, great. Of course he does a walk by and tells me which ones he likes. Grab a few and wait for the kid to disappear and then go looking for this Ihome. After a long search, kid didn't find me I don't think, I finally found one on the bottom of the shelf, way in the back. Last one I think. Throw the sweatpants over top of it and run to the register. While I'm in line, I'm spotted again. Asked him how many times he's going to visit me and didn't he have work to do?? Put the Ihome on the belt and told the cashier to ring that up first and put it in a bag because it's a gift for my son who was just there. So, since the box is quite beat up, she tells me if I looked to make sure if everything was there. I told her no because he's been hanging around me like a shark circling it's lunch, lol. She just laughed and told me how long I have until I can bring it back if every things not in there. She even wrote the date on the receipt and signed her name! Wow, thanks. She must have known what I was going through. So, I go out the doors to leave and wouldn't you know it, I set the alarm off going out! So much for sneaking in and out of the store, lol. When the youngest gets home he asked me what I bought at the store that made the alarm go off. He didn't think sweatpants and the mug set had alarms on them! I tried.

2 comments:

Rose said...

hee hee kids only pay attention to us when we don't want them to!

jun said...

hello dear! sorry I have not been round, a few things taking up my time and my thoughts.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.