Monday, January 5, 2009

Feeling better

It's Monday morning and the kids are finally back to school, even though they had a 2 hour delay, and I'm ready to start my week.

Finally starting to feel like myself again. My throat is still sore, but only when I cough. I can finally talk and not have my throat hurt. Saturday night was the first night I slept through the entire night for the past probably 2 weeks. Don't feel the need for as many naps, lol. Did a few errands over the weekend, but not to many. Fought with hubby so I didn't have to go into town to get the groceries for the station. Kept telling him just because I'm up and moving around doesn't mean I feel that much better. I still need to take care of myself because I don't want this back again. He grumped, but I got my way, lol. Little does he know, but all this running for them is going to stop.

My house is in desperate need of a really good cleaning, but I keep telling myself I'll get to it when I get to it. And keep closing my eyes, lol. Looking at a messy house just makes me crazy. I can't stand it, lol!!

The kids had a late start because we got ice over night. Nothing like what we had about a month ago, but enough that I can look outside and see frozen ice drops hanging off the railing of the deck. I had to put slippers on and go deice the steps before I have to leave today. You would think one of the boys would have done this since they had to go down the steps first and they know mom has to leave the house to. While I was out there, I started the car, hoping some of the ice will melt off of it before I have to leave. I just love the remote start! I've heard that it's supposed to get up into the mid 30's today, so maybe, just maybe , some of this will melt. I know that sounds cold, but compared to lower to mid 20's, it's not, lol. Then another snow storm is moving in Tuesday night into Wednesday. Oh, joy!

Work called this morning and left 2 messages for me to work today. Haven't called them, back and don't intend to. This is the only semi free Monday I have this month. I'm getting my hair trimmed later. I've been putting that off since Thanksgiving. I'm in desperate need of a trim right now. The rest of the Mondays for this month will be spent in the docs office. I had some blood work and tests that needed to be done to finish my physical, and I cancelled my appts and never rescheduled. Since I had to see her last week, I got caught, and well, I really should go. I just hate all that waiting around. She asked me why I haven't been back and I told her I could only handle one doc at a time, and right now, the dentist has all my attention. She just laughed and said she understood. But, I need to have this done to, it's important.

Dentist is on Thursday. I think I have just one more appt with him and then I'll be done, for 6 months anyway. Hubby just got his reminder for his 6 month cleaning and is telling me it's to early. I think he doesn't want to have the cleaning done because he hasn't forgotten the last cleaning he had with the other guy, lol. He wants to avoid sore gums at all costs, lol.

I haven't been around to any journals lately, but hopefully I'll get there some time this week.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.