All day today I've been thinking it was Friday. It's been a very long week already. No plans for the weekend since it's supposed to still be bitterly cold. And more snow Sunday into Monday. The kids have off on Monday, I have a doc appt, maybe I can get them out of the house for the day, lol.
We went and got the new washer yesterday. It has issues. Can't seem to get it to spin the laundry out and actually stay in one place. Jumps all over the place. Hubby worked on it today, even put a piece of plywood under it as a last resort and still the same thing. So, I called and someone is coming out next week to check it out. I plan to take the afternoon off because I want this fixed, and fixed right. Hubby will be here, but might not be up and he will agree with anything the service person trys to tell him. I've had problems in the past with an appliance not being fixed right. Then when the warranty is up, all of a sudden it's fixed.
Hubby offered to do a few loads at the station tonight. I did feel bad, but then I figured, he's offering to help me so fine, I'll take it. I did send the youngest to take care of the laundry. It beats sitting in the laundromat tonight. Unfortunately hubby will probably be taking laundry with him the rest of the week. The oldest is there helping hubby in the station and the youngest is doing laundry. I have the house all to myself. Much needed quiet time for me. I came home today very focused on what I wanted to get accomplished. Got some much needed things at the store before I got home. My big mistake was walking in the door. Hubby took the oldest so it was just me and the youngest. I don't know what's the problem with this kid, but he's just so miserable and nasty lately. All week. After dealing with this attitude all week, and no change, well, we got into it big time today. Just had enough. I was seriously considering some major retail therapy, but behaved myself. My retail therapy was in the form of grocery shopping, lol. Went to the local market. Decided I really wanted to stay close to home. Anything I would have bought would not have been a need but a want. Do I really need those clearance boots? No. Do I need more clothes? No, can't take it home and wash it tonight anyway. Do we need food? Yeah, we always need food, lol. I think I just needed to get out of the house for a short while to clear my head. So glad knitting class starts next week. Tonight would have been one of those nights where I would have gone early and been one of the last ones to leave.
Hubby's family is tying to reach him. I hate when they do this. It usually means they want money or someone has a problem and they want him to drop everything and run and help them. They called this morning and left a message and again tonight. He might be avoiding them, or it might have been a while since he's talked to them and they just want to make sure he is ok. What I don't understand is why they don't call him at work. They know the number. Call during the day when he's sleeping. Call at night when he's working. He's been doing well with the not drinking. They never fail to trigger him to start again.
Just heard on the news about a plane that crashed in the Hudson river because the plane hit a flock of geese. Imagine that. This is the second problem with a plane in the news today. There was an emergency landing at Albany international this morning.
Time to get my few chores done for the night so I can relax. Gray's is on tonight, lol.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
January
(23)
- Ho hum day
- Just to much
- What a day!
- More snow and ice on the way
- Not such a bad day
- Sunday
- End of the work week
- There's a cat fish in my tank
- lifesalearningprocess
- Nothings getting done today
- Random thoughts
- Saturday
- The weekend has to be better
- A cold Wednesday
- Glad this day is almost over!!
- Taking a break
- Snowed in
- Not likin' this day
- Why, why, why
- Short day
- Yet another snow day!
- This and that
- Feeling better
-
▼
January
(23)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
3 comments:
Good that I read your post! We had the same problem with washing machines and tried many fixes. The machine has to lay completely FLAT and LEVEL to work properly. Best if it is seated on level concrete or reinforced flooring! For kid problems: read and study the BIBLE with your child and try hard to set the proper biblical example... and I know that is hard for any one, including me. I had 3 kids and they ran me crazy even though I tried so hard to do right.
Tom
tschuckman@aol.com
I hope his family is just trying to make sure he is well, the other options suck.
I heard about the Albany situation also. These sort of things never seem to happen as stand alone, you always hear of a group of unfortunately.
My washer was making weird noises yesterday. I had a talk with it and told it to knock it off! Kids they sure can try you! along with family!!
Post a Comment