Thursday, January 8, 2009

Short day

Work was a short day because I had a dentist appt this afternoon. Unfortunately, the dentist won't be there this afternoon, so it was cancelled. Rescheduled for a late appt next week. Now I remember why when I made an appt I took the whole day off. Because of this. This is the second time this has happened to me. They always offer an morning appt, but I'm working then!
Didn't get as much ice yesterday as was predicted, so glad. Getting to work yesterday morning was rough. None of the roads were plowed and they were slippery. My 10 minute ride to work became 40. But I got there in one piece, just late. By the afternoon, the roads were plowed, finally. More snow coming this weekend, so I'm going to do the errands that need to be done tomorrow, and then that's it. Not going out over the weekend except to take the oldest to work.
Hubby's still feeling bad. Asked me to make him an appt for this afternoon with doc. Problem is, she's closed today. Hopefully, I'll be able to get him in tomorrow afternoon or Monday afternoon. I have an appt Monday morning with her. Really don't want to end up in the waiting room twice in one day, lol!
Feel like my body's trying to catch up on all the lost sleep I've been missing. Went to bed last night at 9:30. I was just so tired. Slept until 7:30 this morning, without waking up once. Now that's tired, lol! Came home after work and made hubby homemade chicken noodle soup. You know the man feels bad if he's requesting that. So my afternoon was spend in the kitchen at the stove. Made a huge pot of soup, and all that's left is the small container I put aside for my lunch today. Growing boys, what can I say!
Tonight I'm making chili because that's what I want and it really isn't to time consuming. I was planning on leftovers for tonight, but that just wasn't to be.
Well, that's about it for now. I need to use my free time wisely.

1 comment:

jun said...

Hello dear friend!!!
My son made a chili a few days ago. It was his first attempt. lol
He got mad as one hungry person after another began to dip into his pot before HE said it was done. By the time it was "done" there was only one bowl left! lol
It is finally cold again. so I suppose we will be ahaving lots of soups and chilies . Take care jun

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.