Sunday, January 18, 2009

Random thoughts

Got my early morning phone call of church being cancelled. I kind of figured it would be. It's still snowing. That and since the heat wasn't left on after Wednesday, they have some frozen pipes in the building. During the winter months church is held in the social hall because the heat in the church itself doesn't work that well. It's an old building, the church is an independent church and there is no offering plate passed around. Ever. I think the pastor that just retired said that has been stopped for about 20 years now. They don't request special offering for things the church needs either. The few special offerings are for missionary's, if requested. They have stopped supporting a few of the missionary's because the church has been looking for a pastor for 2 1/2 years now. They think the size of the church and no income is part of the problem. So the elders take turns each month speaking. One of the elders chooses a whole book to cover and the other elder chooses random passages. He's currently working on the book of Judges and because of all the cancellations, it seems to be taking forever. In Bible study we are working on the book on Philemon. That seems to be taking forever to, and that's a very short book, because of all the cancellations due to the weather.

I have no plans for today. Hubby took a load of laundry to work with him. It was one load. When he got home from work he took the basket and dumped it on the sofa. He did that yesterday to, but I thought it was because he needed the basket. This really irritated me this morning, especially since I worked so hard in the living room and it looks so nice, and then I walk out and see that on my sofa. Gggrrrrr. I'm going to have to tell him again, to keep it in the basket. We are pretty much caught up and have empty baskets around.

Need to work on my food menus for the week. I'll be thanking myself later in the week for doing this. It seems like by Thursday, I'm tired and just can't wait until the weekend gets here so I can relax just a little.

I was talking to a few of my neighbors and they were telling me that the night before was the coldest night we had yet. It got to -15. Apparently, we weren't the only ones with frozen pipes. Some of them had some to. Hubby was telling me that over at the station, they have a basement under the store, and one of the pipes burst. Hubby sets up a kerosene heater down in the basement when it gets to cold. Guess the heater wasn't enough that night. At least we weren't the only ones with problems. I think after today it's supposed to gradually start climbing into the 20's. It's going to feel like springtime around here, lol.

Time to brave the snow covered roads to take the oldest to work. Think I'm going to take hubby's truck, it has 4 wheel drive in it.

2 comments:

jun said...

Thats sad about the church.it seems like they really care about preaching the word of God too.they need some one to get in there and run things better, they could be having bake sales and yard sales and stuff to raise money for the repairs.
i cannot believe that you actually make menus for the week. thats amazing I never did. i just cooked whatever i felt like or whatever was in the freezer. madison the longer I know you the more I admire you.this old dog could certainly learn a few new tricks if I werent so lazy. lol

Anonymous said...

I hope you thaw out soon sweety thanks for stopping by
hugs
Sherry

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.