Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A cold Wednesday

The heater has been running like crazy and today is just the beginning of the frigid temps. Tomorrow and Friday are supposed to be even colder! I'm not one who likes warm weather. I would choose the cold if I had a choice, but I don't like it when it's this cold. This extreme cold tends to make my back go into spasms. With hubby working nights now, it's hard to have him rub out the pain when I need it.

We didn't make it to bible study tonight. I just took the cake out of the oven for the youngest birthday. We had to go and get the washer today, and take the old one out. I just moved out of the way and let the guys do it. Didn't want to be around when the tempers started to flair. And they did. Hubby partially set it up and had to leave because the fool claimed he had to go somewhere today. Hubby put the hoses on backwards. Imagine my surprise when the rinse is coming in and there's steam coming out of the top of the lid, lol! For some reason the boys can't seem to get it balanced right. I did one load to make sure the machine works and there are no leaks. All's fine until the spin cycle. Jumps all over the place. They get one side balanced and the other side is off. Can't seem to get both sides balanced. So, since they were losing their tempers, I told them to just leave it and see if hubby can get it before he goes to work tomorrow. If worse comes to worse, we can put a piece of plywood under both machines.

Hubby took my car to work today. He knows someone who can get us a headlight for the car. It's not broken, just I think maybe the brackets or what ever holds the headlight in is broken. Hubby had the chore of picking all the deer fur out, lol. And that stuff that was on the side of the car. I'm a little afraid to even guess what it was. Eeeewwww. The paint is definitely cracked. I could see tonight where hubby or someone picked at it. Fortunately, the damage doesn't look any worse in the daytime than it did at night.

We celebrated the youngest birthday tonight because the rest of the week will be busy, and there's the possibility of more snow on Sunday into Monday. It was tonight or not at all. The youngest got 3 new hoodies, 2 pairs of sweat pants and an iTunes card. One of his friends gave him an iTunes card to. Guess he's happy. Hasn't said much. He did work on buying music and movies for his Ipod though.

The cake should be cool enough to frost and then I'm going to call it a night. I haven't been sleeping well at night. Believe it our not, it's just to hot for me to sleep. I have to kick all the covers off, then I wake up because I'm cold, cover up, then hot again. Geez! Of course, when hubby comes home and I'm uncovered, he makes sure to bundle me up. Doesn't cross his mind I might be hot! Going to have to sleep with the ceiling fan on again. It's been off because of hubby being sick and not wanting it on, but I need air, lol!!

2 comments:

Rose said...

it's -4 right now here! my washers been making weird noises hope it hangs in there!!

jun said...

not that cold here but its cold enough for me.
i sent david and his dad to the store for eggs, we were totally out, and bottled water,
they gave me back 5 dollars change from 20. lol
at least i didnt have to go out.
my washer has a board under one side . i let the delvery people set oit up before they left.these guys here are useless when i ask them to do stuff like that.your guys were having their temper tamtrums but they seem to be at least of some help.
i will bet your family will enjoy that cake.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.