Friday, January 9, 2009

Why, why, why

Today was a decent day. Then I get home and find a message on my voice mail from the dentist's office. Again. I called yesterday morning and rescheduled my appt for late next week. Last night, the dentist himself calls to reschedule me for Tuesday, later than they normally give appts. Ok, fine. He must know what his schedule looks like that day. Today I get a message that my dentist, as of today, no longer takes my insurance. There are only 2 others out of the group that do. My whole problem with this is I have such a fear of dentists, that I finally find someone who I'm comfortable with working on my mouth, and then, oh well, sorry. You have to find someone else. Hubby went to one of the other dentists first, decided he really didn't like him, and went to mine instead. Don't think I want him. Hubby complained about being so sore after the guy did just a general cleaning for him. I wasn't sore and I didn't bleed after the dentist I went to did my cleaning. I know nothing about the other dentist. I guess I can't exactly call the office and ask the receptionist to schedule me with the dentist who's the most compassionate, that takes my insurance. It took about 4 visits for me to finally relax with my dentist and not feel like I was going to have an anxiety attack just going into the office. Now I have to find someone else. Why is it that these companies just can't leave well enough alone?? It seems like there are always changes being made. I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way. I always take my car to the same mechanic shop, and have the same mechanic work on it, even for a simple oil change. Why wouldn't I do that with myself? Why do these companies not realize this? Hubby's due for a cleaning to, he's not going to be happy when I tell him this news either. It was hard enough convincing him he had to have this done.
My work day was rather rough to. My lady was not having a good day at all. She has Alzheimer's. Her daughter called and when she answered the phone, she's yelling at her telling her she had to come home and if not she would not be allowed to leave the house for a week, lol. I had to take my cell phone into another room and call her daughter back to see what she wanted. At least, she should be fine by the time I walk back in there on Tuesday. It normally lasts for about 3 days, and then she will spend about 4 days or so just sleeping, because she doesn't sleep at night either. I can just imagine what the nights are like, especially since when she gets that way, it seems like the grand daughter just trys to irritate her even more.
Really don't have much planned for the weekend. Should go food shopping, since we are low on everything. Might do that since it's not supposed to snow until later in the afternoon tomorrow. Since it's supposed to go into Sunday, probably no church either.
I made hubby a doc appt. Of course it's for Monday afternoon. Looks like I'll be in that office twice in one day. Exactly what I didn't want. Think I'm going to go curl up with my book and read for a while. Dinners all done, left over chili. Been reading the Twilight series. I'm hooked, what can I say. I just started the last book. My oldest is still on the second book. Last night, the youngest comes out and is looking at the second book that the oldest is reading. Now, the youngest avoids reading, at all costs. I've tried and tried to get this kid to sit down and read and he just won't do it. He askes me if we have the first book in that series. Of course we do. Then he says he wants to read it to because everyone, all his friends are reading this series. I was glad I was sitting. I've tried to get him to read the Left Behind series, nothing. Harry Potter series, nothing. Well, if he chooses a vampire series, then, at least he's reading. I know I probably shouldn't be reading these types of books, but I view them as just works of total fiction and a very active imagination on the writers part. And I do explain to the boys that if we aren't strong in our faith, these kinds of books could possibly make us question our faith. My faith is strong enough that I just find it pure entertainment and so does the oldest. The youngest says he just wants to read it to have something to talk about with his friends. I hope so because he's the one I question.
It seems time has gotten away from me yet again. Hubby's home.

1 comment:

Heli gunner Tom said...

"Showing interest" in demonic, God dishonoring books alerts those demons to try and get into your kid's mind.. dangerous stuff,IMHO.
Dentists: Even having some of the best Chrysler Insurance still got some real jerks working on my teeth, and the VA messed me all up and then finally put Titanium screws into my bones for permanent teeth and that took them about 2 years! Ouch! It's a mean game the crooked Insurance companies play on us.
Hope you feel better.

Tom
tschuckman@aol.com

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.