As of this afternoon, we are supposed to get more ice, as much as up to 1/2" along with 2 to 4" of snow. I'm hoping for more snow than ice, but I'm prepared. After last time I think everyone is thinking along the same lines. The supermarket was packed. Lots of people buying bottled water and easy to prepare stuff. Hubby said there were a lot of people coming in and filling gas cans today to. Even though we weren't hit with the worst of the last storm, nobody seems to want to get caught like last time. They still have crews out mulching up the tree branches that broke. I'll be doing a lot of praying for less ice and more snow.
I went buy a friends house and noticed her husband must be away again, so I called her to make sure she is prepared for the storm to. Last time they had no power for 2 days. Her mom, who lives with them, is away visiting her sister so shes totally alone with the kids. I told her not to hesitate this time if they lose power and we have to just come here. Since I know now that her husband goes away to work, I make sure to keep in contact with her in case she needs anything. I know how hard it is when you hubby goes away for a while. It seems like everything goes wrong then, lol.
Hubby has been talking about going to India again this year, maybe next month. He'll go if they can find someone to work for him. I, personally, don't want him to go. I know that sounds selfish, but I had so many problems while he was away last year, I'm just not ready to face that again. He said if he doesn't get to got his year, he'll go for sure next year. That sounds better to me. The oldest will be out of school and can go with him. He wants in the worst way to go with hubby. That would be a nice thing for the 2 of them to do. We'll see what happens.
I was listening to a program on the radio and they were talking about new years resolutions. I don't make resolutions. I never stick to it for more than a few months, at the most. This program was talking about spiritual resolutions. That gave me something to think about. Making a spiritual resolution will just serve as a reminder to do something that I should already be doing anyway. And it will make my faith stronger. So, I decided to do that. I haven't really thought of something I can/should do, but as soon as I do, I'll write that down and post it everywhere as a reminder.
Woke up this morning in "one of those moods." Nothing suited me, felt bored and just out of sorts. I didn't sleep well, had a lot of strange dreams. I really think it was because the house was just to hot. I only put the heat back to 60 before I went to bed. I haven't been putting it any lower since it is really cold outside and one morning last week I got up to no hot water. I had been turning the hot water heater off to. I see such a huge change in the electric bill, that I thought why not. Why heat water all day and night when we only really use it when we are home for a few hours. Anyway, guess the combination of single digit temps, and turning the heat back to 58 was enough to make the pipe freeze a little. It dethawed after a few hours. Hubby swore it wasn't a frozen pipe. Since I had cold water he said it couldn't be. Now, I know the hot and cold water run in 2 separate lines. It makes sense to me that one could be frozen and not the other. But, what do I know. At least that's all it was and not something else, like the water heater itself. I've been leaving everything on, and letting both the hot and cold water drip over night and there's been no problems. I still think it was a frozen line.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
January
(23)
- Ho hum day
- Just to much
- What a day!
- More snow and ice on the way
- Not such a bad day
- Sunday
- End of the work week
- There's a cat fish in my tank
- lifesalearningprocess
- Nothings getting done today
- Random thoughts
- Saturday
- The weekend has to be better
- A cold Wednesday
- Glad this day is almost over!!
- Taking a break
- Snowed in
- Not likin' this day
- Why, why, why
- Short day
- Yet another snow day!
- This and that
- Feeling better
-
▼
January
(23)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
No comments:
Post a Comment