My work week has finally come to an end. This week just seemed to drag and drag. Glad my weekend has officially started and I can relax some. Did most of the local errands today so that only leaves food shopping in town for tomorrow.
The boys come home and informed me that next week they don't have to go to school part of the whole week. What!! Why!! It's to early for any breaks yet, lol! Next week the school has testing and they both have to go to school on Monday, Tuesday the testing starts. The youngest has the rest of the week off, and the oldest only has to go to school Thursday and Friday. This is turning out to be one of those school years where they are out of school more than they are in it, lol.
Since they boys are going to youth group tonight, it's movie night for me, and the cat, lol. It's our down time. Last night I went to knit. I had told hubby that if the oldest wasn't done working by the time I left for class, then he would have to wait until I was done class and then I would swing by and pick him up. I told both of them this. Hubby calls the house and the youngest tells him I left. So..........the youngest has to call me and tell me this and let me know I should probably call hubby back. Few minutes after that my cell rings again. It's the oldest wanting a ride. I told him he had to wait or get a ride with someone he knows going this way. He's having a fit because he has to wait. I told him his options and hung up on him, lol. A few minutes later the cell rings again. This time I shut if off completely. This is my time just for me. This class is my socialization time with other females. Living with all males, I need that. It's only 2 hours long, once a week. It runs for 8 weeks in the fall and 8 weeks in the winter. Why, why can they not give me this?? So, the conversation at home was basically for those 2 hours you don't have a mother, lol. Hubby can deal with things. I am to only be called in an extreme emergency during that time. They are 17 and 18, I think they can do without me for 2 hours. Kids!
Time to get the boys moving if we are going to be out the door in the next hour and a half. No snow storms in the forecast so it looks like there will actually be church this week. There was no bible study this week because of a broken pipe in the social hall. It feels like forever since I've been to church. I'm missing it. I just might be able to talk hubby into going with me now that he's working nights again. He used to go with me before. Since he's from another country this is all new to him, but he likes it. He says going makes him feel better, so he must be getting something out of it.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
January
(23)
- Ho hum day
- Just to much
- What a day!
- More snow and ice on the way
- Not such a bad day
- Sunday
- End of the work week
- There's a cat fish in my tank
- lifesalearningprocess
- Nothings getting done today
- Random thoughts
- Saturday
- The weekend has to be better
- A cold Wednesday
- Glad this day is almost over!!
- Taking a break
- Snowed in
- Not likin' this day
- Why, why, why
- Short day
- Yet another snow day!
- This and that
- Feeling better
-
▼
January
(23)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
2 comments:
that class sounds so great. yes you do deserve your time to do something just for you. you are one smart cookie!
i so look forward to my saturdays to go swimming and get out of my house.
seems like we both had quite a week after all. lol
Why don't you post your picture like the rest of us so we have a face to connect to your wonderful posts?
Just a suggestion...
Have a great day!
Tom
Post a Comment