I was listening to something the other day, and I realized it described my situation perfectly.
There were these fishermen who fished for cod ( I think). At first when they caught the cod, they would freeze them before they brought them to market. This changed the way the fish tasted. Not fresh. So, then they decided to just let the cod be in their tanks on the way to the market. Again, the cod, just weren't as good as expected. Since the cat fish is a known enemy of the cod, they decided to put a few cat fish in the tank with the cod. The cat fish were constantly chasing the cod. When the cod got to market, they were fresh and tasted great. Sometimes God drops a cat fish in your tank to keep you fresh. He put one in mine. It's been one thing after another. First the computer, then the printer, then frozen pipes, washer springs a leak, new washer has issues, and for the past 2 days, no phone. Ok, ok, I get the point, lol!! I'm fresh now, this all can stop, lol. I finally have a phone so I can get online. It took 2 trips out to the house. The first time only one jack in the entire house was working. Today they were out to hook the rest of the jacks back up. For some reason, there are 2 separate wires connected to the one line. I asked them to put all the jacks on one wire. Hope he did.
As for the washer. Well............... the guy was telling hubby that these things have an anti-theft device preinstalled in them. That was the problem. We left that in. I remember hubby and the boys trying to remove this thing and they couldn't budge it, so they thought that maybe if it wasn't coming out, maybe it's not supposed to. The guy who came to check the machine couldn't get it out either. He ended up having hubby hold onto the machine while he pulled it out, lol. Guess that one was really in there.
Since the temps are back to normal for a few days, hubby's going to go under the house and put insulation around the hot water pipe that needs it. I told him he has only tomorrow to do this now because starting Sunday we are going back into the teens during the day and below zero temps at night. The printer he said he will take a look at, probably over the weekend to see if he can replace the rollers. If not, he'll see if he knows someone who might be able to do this. Still printer less.
The oldest had to order his gown and any other stuff he wanted for graduation. I could not believe the prices of that stuff! I'm in the wrong line of work, lol!! I knew it would be high, but not that high. I decided that if I'm going to send out announcements, I would make my own. Much cheaper since every package had anywhere from 60 to 100 invitations and what not. I don't need that many. If I print them up myself, I can print out just what I need.
Needless to day I haven't been around to any journals lately. I'll try over the weekend.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
January
(23)
- Ho hum day
- Just to much
- What a day!
- More snow and ice on the way
- Not such a bad day
- Sunday
- End of the work week
- There's a cat fish in my tank
- lifesalearningprocess
- Nothings getting done today
- Random thoughts
- Saturday
- The weekend has to be better
- A cold Wednesday
- Glad this day is almost over!!
- Taking a break
- Snowed in
- Not likin' this day
- Why, why, why
- Short day
- Yet another snow day!
- This and that
- Feeling better
-
▼
January
(23)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
2 comments:
wow you have just been bombarded with stuff happening. i never even heard of an antitheft device on a washer.
we have some cold days too. i used to leave a trickle of water going its supposed to keep the pipes from freezing.
right now we have so many people staying up till all hours and using water it doesnt have a chance to freeze. but then again im sure we arent having the cold temps y'all are.
hang in there, it has got to get better!
"Some days a diamond-- some days a stone."
But really, I wouldn't want to be buddies with someone who never had a bad day or stress to develop his/ her character. Vietnam tested my metal, but raising 3 kids tore me all to pieces.. Ha! Such are YOUR joys now.. lol.
Warm Regards,
Tom
tschuckman@aol.com
Wisconsin-- land of ice and snow.
Post a Comment