It seems every time I watch the weather, it reports something different with this coming storm. As of tonight, we are supposed to get snow first, then ice. Just snow already and be done with it! Snow and ice, snow and ice, I'm getting tired of the combination, lol.
I got home from work and only found one kid in the house. Cool. The other one was out with the neighbor. He never called me to let me know either. Usually he does. Hubby was walking out the door as I was walking in. I did do a little shopping before I came home since the boys are here and need something for lunch. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or cereal for lunch gets old fast.
While I was cooking dinner tonight, I kept hearing this funny almost popping noise at the stove. I opened the door thinking maybe it was my chicken, but it usually doesn't do that. Then I listened closer and realized it was down in the drawer part of the stove. I thought it was a mouse walking around in the drawer. I got the oldest and told him to wait while I got the cat. He heard the noise to. I get the cat and told him to open the drawer (I'm expecting to see a mouse) and I would put the cat in the drawer, lol. She had no interest in the drawer. Then the oldest says the noise is coming from under the drawer, so he pulls the drawer out and there's the mouse, all the way in the back. He grabs the cat and this time she sees what she's there for, lol. She crawls under the stove and eventually the mouse runs out with her right behind it. She chased it behind the entertainment center. Meanwhile, I'm standing on a kitchen chair, because I don't do mice. I finally get down because I realize that dinner will never get finished with me standing on a chair, and if the mouse moves, I'll see the cat and I can hop back up. I'm watching and watching and I don't hear anything. All of a sudden I look up and there's the cat sitting on the arm of the sofa just looking at me. If there was ever a time I wished the cat could talk, that was the time. She was just sitting there looking bored. I have no idea what happened to the mouse. I don't think she got it, but she has a habit of playing with them for a while before she actually will kill it. I think she gets to rough with them. This mouse wasn't that fast, so she might have already had a hold of it earlier and is just toying with it. Personally, she just needs to do her job and be done with it, lol!!
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
January
(23)
- Ho hum day
- Just to much
- What a day!
- More snow and ice on the way
- Not such a bad day
- Sunday
- End of the work week
- There's a cat fish in my tank
- lifesalearningprocess
- Nothings getting done today
- Random thoughts
- Saturday
- The weekend has to be better
- A cold Wednesday
- Glad this day is almost over!!
- Taking a break
- Snowed in
- Not likin' this day
- Why, why, why
- Short day
- Yet another snow day!
- This and that
- Feeling better
-
▼
January
(23)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
No comments:
Post a Comment