Sunday, February 21, 2010

Half way there

It's at the half way point in hubby's trip. Three more weeks to go.
As long as nothing happens to make him stay late. But, I'm thinking positive, have to, the negatives will make me crazy.

This week has been a very tiring one. Tuesday we got hit with a nasty snow storm. I went to work, against my better judgement. There is one patch of road I travel on daily that was very slippery. I've heard people talk about this in the past, but never experienced it. Until Tuesday. I slid going down the hill on the way to work. I kept thinking I really need to just turn around and go back home because the roads were really bad. But, I realized by the time I could find a safe place to turn around I would be in the next town and half way to work. So, I kept going. That and the fact that the week before I stayed home in a snow storm that really wasn't as bad as predicted. There were a ton of bills to be paid, so I needed the money and went to work. And I kept thinking the roads would get better as the day went on. On the way home from work, the roads were actually worse. Again I had problems on the same part of road that I had going in, except it was snowing so hard it was hard to see. And the sliding was even worse. Every time I hit the gas, just a little I headed for the ditch on the side of the road. I don't know how fast I was going but it was under 25 and I was still having problems. Never was I so scared as I was that day, and I kept kicking myself for even going to work in such awful driving conditions.

One of the schools didn't close so I encountered a bus dropping off kids on the way home. Every time I had to come to a full stop I slid, imagine having to stop for a school bus!! Fortunately, I did and stopped way, way, far from the bus in case I did slide. Didn't want to run into a bus or the kids. My ride to work is about 25 minutes. That day took me an hour and 15 minutes to get home. It took me 50 minutes to get to work. Had hubby been here, I would have never even attempted to leave the house. When I did tell hubby about it, he had a fit and told me not to do that again! Yeah, yeah.

So, snow storms for Tuesday through Thursday this week. Boy, I really hope they are wrong or the snow is very little. It's becoming a weekly thing with these storms here. For the past 2 weeks, either Tuesday or Wednesday is a snow storm. I'll make my decision about work the morning of, based on how clear the roads are and when the storms are supposed to wind down. I already informed my lady I won't be stupid again.

The week seems to be going slowly, but when I look at the calender, it's the last full week of the month. Three weeks until the spring thaw, lol! Missed church again this week. Missed
Bible study to. So tired of dealing with snowy, slippery driveways and parking lots. Now that the temps have gotten above freezing things are starting to melt some. And then more snow comes! UGH!!

But, I did go knit because I wanted to get out. Finished my fingerless gloves on Friday night. Stayed up until almost 1 am, but got them done! All I have to do is block them. Started crocheting an infinity scarf yesterday, and that is well on it's way to being finished. I don't have any real directions for it. I saw a scarf similar to it selling online and took a close look at it and realized that I could do that to. And for less money than what that particular one was selling for. I used the same stitch, but my dimensions are different and so is my pattern design. I had the intentions of blocking it, but the more I look at it the more I think I won't. Blocking it will make the design flat, not blocking it will leave the design puffy. I kind of like the puffy look better, but it will take more rows to get the width I want. I will be a one of a kind, that's for sure! I'll have to remember to take pics and post when I'm done.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

in yesterday' s newspaper i read tha t they burnt a church inn Batala, Gurdaspur dist. in Punjab.omeone had published an objectional poster of Jesus and the local Christians were protesting against it.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.