Left for work this morning and few flakes, clear wet roads. Got to work and no flakes, just rain. Ok, not a big deal. Hubby called me just as I was leaving for work and asked me if it was snowing. Told him no, everything fine and I'm off to work. Closer I got to work, less flakes.
Listened to the noon weather report, still predicting a light snow fall, no more than two inches. No travel problems, just wet roadways. At that time there was nothing coming down from the sky either. About 1pm or so I look out the window and see these huge flakes coming down. I figured, ok, not supposed to be a lot. I look out again close to 2pm and the roads are covered and slushy looking. My lady had gotten up and while she was up looked out the window and realized everything was white and it was snowing hard, so she told me I could leave if I wanted to. I did.
It was another one of those rides where it was rough going. The closer I got to my house, the worse it was. There's got to be about 3-4 inches already. The above pics are the pine trees at my house. The branches are all heavy from the wet snow laying on them. But, I still find days like this absolutely beautiful. Everything is white and gorgeous. Of course, driving is a major problem.As I was coming home I hit that spot that I had trouble with last week. There was a few cars ahead of me and a tractor trailer ahead of them. I could tell the truck was having trouble because everyone was barely moving and the tracks in the slush from the truck were deep. I kept hoping that he didn't get stuck going up the hill because I really didn't want to try to pass him. He made it up, but boy was it slow going. This part of the road I think had been plowed some. The closer I got to my house, the more snow there was on the roads. Snow covered roads aren't such a bad thing because you get more traction than on plowed roads, but the snow was pretty deep in some spots.
I hit the buses leaving the school on the way home and was glad my kids were probably home, but really wished the school would have closed earlier. The boys said the school had problems getting a hold of some of the drivers. I just hope they got everyone home safely because I know how hard it is to drive on bad roads and I wouldn't want to be driving a bus on snow covered roads.
It's still coming down quite heavy here. The cat is sitting next to my computer watching the snow fall out the window. She must like the huge flakes. I had told my lady before I left that if tomorrow is bad, I won't be in, but I made enough food for her for the next two days. And her recycling I will just take care of myself. If it keeps snowing like this into the night and tomorrow, we are sure going to have a lot of snow. The predictions for tomorrow were for about ten inches. We just might get that or more if it doesn't stop. I'll have to make a point to keep listening to the weather reports.
I told the oldest when I got home today that if tomorrow morning is bad and there's no school, he won't be going to work either. I had no intention of going back out on the roads when I got home today and not risking it tomorrow either. The cousin can just make chicken himself or have his son help him. That's what it's all about anyway. Or he can send someone to get my son. His choice.
So if tomorrow's a snow day I think I'll do some catching up on things. I went to visit a friend last night and got home late. As usual. But, I figured if I didn't go see her last night, I might not get to visit until maybe the weekend and her husband should be home by then. I think. She was telling me she was home all day and was bored. She's tired of doing housework all the time, lol! Well, who isn't. But I remember thinking how nice it would be to just get up in the morning during the week and just do whatever. No time schedule.
Decided I'm making lasagna for dinner, so guess I should start that. It's going to take a while!
2 comments:
Hi Madison,
What ever we get in Wisconsin-- you get in a day or two... 'Wind Pattern.'
Glad I helped you in a small way with the 'Noah Webster' 1827 Dictionary, that gives us the pure meaning of old, archaic English words/ terms. Sharon and I can't wait to receive it in the mail to help us master the KJV Bible!
Bless you and your family.
Warm Regards,
Tom S
tschuckman@aol.com
Disabled Vietnam Veteran: 68-70
"Iron sharpens Iron" ~Proverbs 27:17
Oh Brenda, I could send you lots of warm rays from here.Its getting warmer here.
I love lasagna, haven 'r made it since ages.
Post a Comment