Saturday, February 6, 2010

What to do, what to do.....................

Well, first of all. Me and blogger, we got problems. I'm tired of my background so I wanted to change it to something more exciting. I also got an award that I wanted to put on here, but nothing ever changes. I can't seem to get other backgrounds from other sites on here. I get the "oops, sorry error" message. Anything I try to add on blogger itself gives me problems to. I find that the screen is larger than my computer screen. And my screen isn't small. When I try to make the screen smaller, it just disappears. Making it larger doesn't get me to the bottom of the screen where I need to click on the finish button, or whatever is down there. It's been so long I can't remember anymore. Scrolling to the bottom doesn't help because I can only go so far and it stops. So, not worth my time, aggravation, etc. And, I don't have the time to deal.
Since it is February, I guess I should get into the whole red theme. Tired of the blah white, snow and clouds anyway. The oldest spent the night here last night because I was tired and didn't feel like running him back. The youngest went to the movies last night. Two more trips into town and back. I don't like going into town on Friday nights. To many cops. Last night was the same thing. Flashing red lights everywhere. Not sure if they are running peoples tags or what they are doing, but I saw so many cops following people and after a few minutes putting their lights on to pull them over. It was towards the end of rush hour, so traffic was bumper to bumper. I highly doubt these people are being pulled over for speeding. All I know, is you can't pay me enough to go through the center of town at night on the weekends. But, since I was already there, I went to the office and dropped my time sheet. This way I can stay in my own little town and not travel far for anything.

Since today's my only day to sleep in, I did. Not realizing that the oldest was sleeping in to. Not until the phone started ringing, and ringing, and ringing. UGH!! Got the oldest up to go to work and told him if he's not going to get himself up, then he has to spend the night at his room. I'll pick him up when he's done and after dinner, off he goes.
When hubby called last night the oldest answered and hubby wanted to know why I hadn't dropped the oldest yet. I told him I thought the agreement was the oldest would spend his weekends at home. Hubby forgot, lol. But, if the kid can't get himself up, then he doesn't stay either.
Hubby wanted to know why I didn't call him last night. I told him he told me to wait until Saturday to call so he could get some extra sleep. He said that didn't work. It was about 7 am his time and he was taking his mom and sister to the temple. So, no break for hubby. It was a nice thought anyway.
Sunday night he's taking his sister and uncle to Delhi for his sisters interview. They are staying at a temple because the interview is 8:30 am and with it being a 6 hour drive, it's easier that way. I have to remember that because I might not be able to get a hold of him that morning. He said he would call me instead because it will probably be a very early morning. A hurry up and wait morning.

So, my plans for the weekend. Laundry, which is going along quite well. Got pork chops out for dinner last night, thawing in the fridge. Got the last of the reading for school done last night to, so the next few weeks of studying are planned out. Reading a book on I and II Thessalonians, up to chapter 3 of I Thessalonians. That I have fallen behind on so have to start again. We are working though the books of I and II Thessalonians in church, but this elder flips from one verse to the next verse, between the two books, I find it's easier to just write the verses down and go back over it at a later time. Reading this commentary will help me to understand what's going on to. I'll probably be done the book after he's done preaching on it, lol. Hope not!
So that leaves a small food shopping at the local supermarket, reading for class today, and knitting. Tomorrow I have to go visit my friend for a while. Every time I go to see her I can never get out of there within the hour. It's always more like 2 or 3 hours, lol. I'm glad for the company and so is she, but geez, time is not something I have a lot of lately.
Speaking of time, time to get myself busy. I want to have something accomplished by Sunday evening.




3 comments:

Sherry said...

love the new look, Sherry

Amrita said...

I also keep having trouble with blogger, my puter and internet connection.

If your puter screen is wide the whole page will show othersie just descrease the size of the page.

If you want to get a background from another blog. You have to first delete your current template and change it to minna. Then copy the code of the back ground you have chosen.Its slightly cumbersome but you will get it.

I made many blunders. My blogfriend from Canada, helped me a lot she used to send me instructions.

Hope things are working for Goga and family.

I too hate answering the phone early in the morning

Lucy said...

We are getting snow yet. Supposed to snow till tomorrow sometime. Hope I can keep my appointment with the orthopedist and hope he can help me.I am like you when It came to changing looks of blog. If you follow Amrita's instructions it should work. but yours looks nice as is.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.