It never fails, every time I sit down to work on my paper, something or someone interrupts me. Either one of the kids, cat, buzzer going off on something, someone stopping over unannounced ( I really don't mind), or the phone is for me, and with two teenagers in the house, the phone is rarely for me. It's like there's a hidden camera somewhere, lol. What really gets me though is if I just goof around on the computer, read a book, or watch tv, no one would bother me for hours! I'll never understand it.Went to church this morning and I do feel better. I needed it. There weren't many people there though, probably because of the previous snow fall and the snow still coming down this morning. But, I was there. Almost lost my shoes in the driveway because now that the temps are in the upper 30's the snow is starting to melt some, so everything is becoming muddy. I heard we got over an inch of rain between Thursday and Friday. That same person said one inch of rain is equal to about a foot of snow. Glad it was rain. No one was allowed to park close to the church because of the the snow falling off the roof and onto the cars. They were talking about how a few years ago the pastor was preaching and just about winding up his message which had something to do with God's power, when some snow that was on the roof slid off. Since this church is a very old church with a steep roof, the force of the snow falling off the roof makes the entire church shake. Picture an old church, miles of stairs up to the front doors, which are double, pillars in front and a steeple on top almost as tall as the church itself. Falling snow gains a lot of speed coming down off the roof.
The oldest had decided yesterday that he wanted to go to the movies today. The movie he wanted to see was showing at 12:30 and again at 3:45. Told him if I went to church he might miss the 12:30 one. Well, he never texted me back what he wanted to do. So today when I got home from church he texted me wanting to know where I was, he was waiting! Communication kid, communication, may as well learn this now. So, he ended up at the movie late. Since I had to go back into town to get him I decided to take the youngest to wally world to check for new sneakers. His old ones are giving him blisters in the back of his heel. He has another pair and boots, but since I was going to be in the area, I decided to check and see.
On the way home I asked the oldest if he had clean clothes for school tomorrow and of course, he didn't. Stopped at home so he could grab some, and he only got enough for tomorrow. Dropped him at his room he told me he had dirty clothes. The kid comes out with 4 bags of dirty clothes!! I was not a happy mom to see that one. I just might let it wait and let him stay home next weekend and work on his clothes. That's just wrong! I know if I tell hubby he'll have a fit and tell me to tell the kid to take his clothes to the station and wash them there. I just might, I'm not a laundry service for this kid.
Hubby's been complaining about the warm temps in India. I think he's ready to come home, it's been almost 30 days, it's the time when he starts getting grumpy. He should know something this week about his sisters visa. The sooner he knows, the better he will know what he's doing.
1 comment:
Hapy to hear you had a nice Sunday.
Post a Comment