Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Hope everyone is having a nice day spent with their loved ones. My mood is better, but not much. Anyway, the oldest took me out to the movie stores. He took me to fye which is his favorite place. Not mine. They are rather expensive and if you're looking for a movie to buy, you have to know the title of it, since they are all arranged that way. I don't shop for movies like that. I just browse the titles and pick up anything that looks interesting, or rings a bell after I've read the back of the box. He bought me the latest Lady Antebellum cd, which was on sale. Didn't really see much there, but I'm not normally the kind of person who is patient enough to just go through everything anyway. The youngest got a web cam that the oldest paid for in part. He was looking at a PlayStation game, but didn't want to spend the money for it, so he didn't get it.

After there we headed to Hollywood video. I like this store, always have. Everything is arranged so you can see the titles and the covers. I got The Ugly Truth, Four Christmases, Julie and Julia, and The Holiday. The oldest bought me The Holiday. I knew he wouldn't have enough money to get his game and the movies to. So, I treated myself to some movies to. Usually this store has a good deal on movies where you buy 2 or 3 or a certain price. Not this time, but they were still cheaper than fye.

After we left fye we ordered the Chinese food and headed to Hollywood. The oldest also wanted to check out the bookstore for more books in the series he's reading through. Lately it's getting harder and harder to find the books as they are coming out. Have to check online one day.


When I talked to hubby last night he said everyone was going out to dinner for valentines day and he was staying in. He said he was tired because every day he has to go somewhere. I told him to take his sister out for dinner but he said his uncle was doing that and he just wanted to stay in. I know the feeling, I felt the same way.

Monday is a holiday over there so he has to finish his sisters paper work up on Tuesday. Said something about an appointment. So guess they will mail it either Tuesday or Wednesday. The office told his sister it would take two weeks for her to get her visa after she mails it. I sure hope so and I hope she's packing. And I really hope they come back when planned. Time will tell and I just need to sit tight until then.

Had such a hard time getting out of bed this morning. So wanted to sleep in, but the oldest had to work, so no sleep for me. Got up to snow. Quite a bit of snow actually, enough the roads were being plowed, sanded and salted. As I got to the end of my driveway I saw a snow plow truck coming down the road and decided to let him pass first. Glad I did because next thing I knew there were two pickup trucks passing the snow plow, right in front of my driveway. This is such a bad spot because about an eighth of a mile up the road the speed limit goes from 40 to 55. We are right in that area where people pick up speed and pass whoever not doing the 55 speed limit. Can't tell you how many times I've almost pulled out and realized there was a car passing on the other side. Once people get passed that little store where the cops sit, they floor it.

Started a infinity scarf yesterday and finished it last night. Not sure how I feel about it yet though. Got one of the fingerless gloves done this morning, all it needs is a button for the flap. Should have the other one done by Thursday. I don't know why but I'm in such a knitting mood. That's all I've wanted to do this weekend. Got some studying done. Not pushing it though, when I've had enough I quit.

Missed church this morning because I had such a hard time moving my tired butt and just not crazy about going down the driveway in the snow. My car slides so much, I tend to avoid steep hills and stuff. The place the oldest is staying at has a very steep driveway to. I won't go in the driveway unless it's been cleared.

Well, that's it for now. Gonna put pj's on and call it a night!

2 comments:

Amrita said...

hi brenda, val. day is getting quite popular i n India....western hype.....the feel of being mod and hip ...I feel

Lucy said...

Please continue to stop and see me and leave a comment. Short explanation I added today. Not leaving my blogging friends but in for a tough spell but I will do it.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.