
Another weekend is here, and so is the snow. This week sure has been something. Monday was beautiful, sun shining and not to cold. Tuesday cloudy and the snow moved in and didn't stop until Wednesday afternoon. Then later that night, it started raining and didn't stop until sometime early Friday morning. Then the rain became snow and it's still snowing. It hasn't seemed to accumulate much unless the flakes are big, but the roads are clear, just wet. It's snowing hard enough now that it's starting to lay on the pine trees. The cat has been sitting in front of the window since I came home watching the snow flakes. I also saw the neighbors cat sitting in the window watching the flakes to. Or maybe they are just thankful they aren't outside in that, I don't know.
I have such an urge to go shopping today. It's hard only buying the necessities. I like to take whatever's left over after bills and whatnot and do with it as I please. Can't do that just yet. Hubby says he's not staying longer, but I won't be holding my breath on that one anytime soon.
He is thinking about getting ready to come back though because he's been talking about starting to go visit the relatives next week. And checking on holding a seat for his sister on his flight. At least his head is getting in the right place, lol. There is a Hindu festival on Sunday, I believe, that he's thinking about going to. I know he was over there last year during the festival, but I'm pretty sure he didn't go. He says this year he just might go and will take pics for me. I hope so, I want to see the sights, not just relatives or people who live in the village that he's not even sure of who they are. Last year he brought back pictures of people at their homes, some of them he said he didn't know who they were. Ok.
The oldest opted to stay at the room this weekend instead of being home with me and the youngest. I'm fine with that, I think he's liking being out of the house and I'm glad I don't have to wake up early tomorrow to take him to work. I'm so not a morning person. He did say he wanted to go catch a movie in town this weekend. No, I don't want to go, but maybe while I'm shopping he can catch the movie. I don't know have to see what the weekend brings and what my mood is like. I know I have to make it to church this weekend. Haven't been and I'm missing it. Bible study has been cancelled the past 2 weeks because of the weather, so I'm feeling a little lost without it. Maybe that's why I'm feeling so unsettled. My mind wants to go and my body says no.
I know it was only a 4 day work week, but it sure didn't feel that way. Had such a hard time sleeping last night. I think the last time I looked at the clock it was about 2:30am and then I was awake again about 6:30 am. I heard something falling outside, I think that's what woke me up. It was really windy last night and early this morning. Surprisingly, I'm not butt dragging tired. My mind is working overtime, maybe once that slows down, it will connect with my body and realize I am tired.
Supposed to get more snow on Saturday, so depending on what it's doing and what the roads look like, I might make it a home day or might go out and get the errands done and my time sheet dropped off so Sunday I don't have that left to do. Used to mail my time sheet, but sometimes it wouldn't get to the office until after payroll was closed and then I had to wait another week. Not a smart move on my part with hubby away, so into town I have to go, so it's a must at some point.
Next week is supposed to be nice, I sure hope so I want to see the sun and I want to see the snow go, but I don't want to see all the mud that comes during the spring thaw!
No comments:
Post a Comment