This the extent of what I want to see for valentines day. Yeah right, the stores are full of the stuff. Everywhere!! Anyway, it makes the blog look pretty.So my weekend has started off rather productive. Once again, all the bills are paid, on time, got my shopping list ready for tomorrow, and calling cards for the week. I really was planning on staying home tomorrow, but the youngest is whining about always having to be home and he never gets to go anywhere. He's bored! Imagine that, bored at home, on the computer, phone and watching tv all at the same time! Since the predictions are for snow showers on Sunday, I'm going to run into town tomorrow and do the food shopping, drop my time sheet and get him out of the house. That way, I can stay home most of the afternoon on Sunday. Sunday. The oldest has been telling me he wants to take me out to dinner for valentines day. I don't want to go. Seriously, I don't want to be out sitting in a restaurant reminded of the day. I would rather just skip that day, or stay home and forget what the day is. But, I told him we would get take out Chinese food. He was ok with that.
My problem is I miss hubby so much now, that going out with the boys would just make me miss hubby even more. And I wouldn't be good company and probably even a little crabby. Just best to let me be. But, I know the kid is trying, so I compromised with him. Maybe it's hard because once again it's another weekend, maybe because I can't just pick up the phone and call him like I do when he's here. I don't know. Time just isn't moving fast enough for me right now.I was dreaming the other night about hubby. I rolled over in bed and noticed he wasn't in bed so I looked at the clock and it was like 4:30 am. I thought maybe he fell asleep on the sun room sofa so I got up to check. No hubby on the sofa. I looked at the clock again and wondered where he was because it's awful late for him to not be home from work. I started to pick up the phone to call him at the station, and then realized he's not here. I couldn't believe I actually got out of bed and went looking for him!
On my snow day I got my scarf all finished. And blocked. It's so warm, I love it! Started my fingerless gloves on Thursday when I went to knit. Just finished the last finger on the one glove tonight. They are the kind that has a flap on the top that flips over the exposed fingers to make them into mittens. I decided to save the mitten flap until tomorrow since I was really tired. Knitting when you're to tired just doesn't mix. I make way to many mistakes then. By the time I go back to knitting next week I should have both gloves done. Then I have to work on hubby's vest. The back is done, need to do the front. Maybe if I work really hard on it, and work on nothing else, I might have it done by the time he's back. That would be great because then I can move on to something else for him. Or me. I was looking at infinity scarf patterns. I want to make one for me. The one I chose is crocheted in the shell stitch. I think it will be really pretty. I saw a picture of one and decided to try this for myself. The one I saw was for sale and for the price, I'm almost sure I can make one similar for myself. I found a washable wool in a bubble gum pink that I think will look really nice. We'll see how it turns out anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment