I have just spent the past few hours looking for my salsa recipes. I went through all my lose papers, all the folders, etc. You've probably guessed I'm super unorganized. I'm more of the kind of shove it in one place and I'll do it later kind of person. Only later hasn't come yet. Anyway, I finally gave up and decided I had to go back to the computer and reprint what I had. Well, guess what's sitting on top of the printer. My salsa recipes I had put aside the last time I went through the stacks of recipes looking for something else! All that wasted time :(
Did all my running after work thinking I could stay home tomorrow. Wrong! Hubby wants to go into town to do something before work. The only good thing is he doesn't want to leave until about noon. Works for me, I could use a slow start morning.
Me and the oldest were out in the garden tonight. Got quite a few tomato's and some more zucchini. One zucchini has got to be about eighteen inches long. It kept getting missed, so that one I'll use tomorrow to make stuffed zucchini for dinner. I have lots of cherry tomato's and a whole window sill full of tomato's that are ripe. Those I'll use for the salsa. Our garden this year looks so sad. The tomato's are sickly looking. They're not full looking and a lot of the leaves have turned brown. Even the leaves for the potato's are turning brown. Everything looked so full and lush and now, it looks so sad. Our garden has never looked this bad. I'm wondering if it's just been to wet this year. We found two cucumber plants, they were hidden under all the weeds. They each have one cucumber on them, but they are bent in half. Hopefully now that the sun can get to them we might get a few cucumbers. Only saw a few very small hot peppers so they have to wait a while. The tops of the carrots are coming along nicely, now that the oldest weeded them to. I've lost my chives amongst the weeds, but the onions are starting to shoot up, lol. The green beans are done for, thanks to the groundhog. So is my dill. In the Fall, I have to get on the boys to fix the fence in the garden. Someone told me to dig down about three feet all the way around and put chicken wire in the ground, then attach the original fencing to the chicken wire to keep the groundhogs out. At the end of the season we usually weedwack the plants that are done so they can do the fence to. That way, next year we won't have to do it. The way I forget things I might forget to do it!
Tonight's been one of those unsettled nights. So many things I want to do but don't feel like doing. I should have rented a movie, but I was so hot and tired and just didn't feel like going in yet another unair conditioned store. So I went to see hubby. When I pulled in there was one car at the pumps. Minutes after I got there cars after cars. It always gets busy when I go to see him. When I got ready to leave I told him there would be no customers and he would get a chance to sit and relax. Can't win.
Did the cats flea stuff tonight. She knew when I went to get her what I was going to do and she's still so mad at me she won't come near me, lol! Oh well, we go through this every month. I'll be forgiven...................in about a week, lol!
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
August
(19)
- The time has come..............
- My poor achin back
- Off to a good start
- Longggggggg day
- Unsettled morning
- Feeling out of it
- Looking forward to the weekend
- Not much
- Not a day for me to be outside
- I think I've finally lost it
- One down one to go
- Over the hump
- How odd
- Heat and humidity
- Ho hum day
- Oh my!!!!!
- Feeling overwhelmed
- So much for my plans...............
- A whole bunch of nothing
-
▼
August
(19)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
1 comment:
Some I get into a frenzy looking for things which are right in front of me. I get nervous abd think I 've lost them,,..this happens mostly with important documents.Glad you found your recipies.
Post a Comment